Glock vs. S&W.. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock vs. S&W..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by latietz View Post
Thanks. Yes I was thinking either the M&P or the Glock . The Glock feels a bit better. And I heard it was very reliable. My Springfield 1911 is killer driller, but heavy. I have a S&W 910 it's lighter to carry but I want more stopping power than a 9mm. My other 9s are too cumbersome as well. Is the M&P worth getting?
Either one is a great gun. If the Glock feels better to you, then get the Glock. Don't over think it.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #12

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I love S&W revolvers, but i would choose a Glock over a S&W autoloader any day.
And you are basing this on what? I've never owned a Glock so I have no opinion one way or the other. I'm sure they're fine guns. I have owned my share of Smiths, both revolvers and semi-autos and they have all served me well. My latest purchase is an M&P 40 and it's a very fine weapon.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #13

Thanks for the advice and opinions. I'll post my decision if y'all are interested.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #14

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Glock, S&W Sigma or M&P, Taurus pt740 slim, etc

Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #15

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Sig,XD,M&P , super soaker then glock.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #16

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I had a chance to try a Glock .40 It felt nice, sights were good and it cycled well for me. I would like to try one in 9mm at some point.

Though I have to admit that I really like my Sig P220 better. That is just my opinion. But hey, if it burns powder and sends chunks of metal down range its all good right?

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind
I had a chance to try a Glock .40 It felt nice, sights were good and it cycled well for me. I would like to try one in 9mm at some point.

Though I have to admit that I really like my Sig P220 better. That is just my opinion. But hey, if it burns powder and sends chunks of metal down range its all good right?
That's true. A .40 from a hi point fills the same as a .40 from a p226 to a bad guy. And it puts the same size hole on paper.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #18

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Sig,XD,M&P , super soaker then glock.
Lol super soaker. Then Glock .I almost spit soda outta my nose! To the OP like someone else said pick the one that feels best to you.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigArmored

Lol super soaker. Then Glock .I almost spit soda outta my nose! To the OP like someone else said pick the one that feels best to you.
Your welcome.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 AM   #20

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have had both and a Sigma. They both are great guns. The Glock is better to stay on target with. I havbe a 17 and 21. The M&P 45 is nice to the trigger is better than any glock you therel less of a rubberband feel. Apex makes I great trigger for the M&P. amost mimics a 1911 trigger. I feel the M&P is more of a Tac Driver and is IMO more accurate than a glock. You can't shoot all types of ammo from a glock either. an M&P wqill fire lead no problem. With Glock, lead will make the gun explode and quite possibly take your hand with it. do not fire +p+ from a glock. Glocks go boom w/ +p+ ammo.

Glocks are easier to take apart and clean, hands down. The M&P is a better looking gun and feels more like a civi would have ot for a show off gun. Glock is as basic as it gets. Frame, barrel, pin bang. no frills at all.
They both are great guns as long as you don't reload and fire lead. If you reload and fire lead get the M&P.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-