Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Glock vs. S&W.. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/glock-vs-s-w-86517/)

latietz 03-14-2013 08:06 AM

Glock vs. S&W..

Hi. I am going to get my first .40 cal. After many 9 mm and two .45 autos. I am leaning towards a Glock but saw a S&W that looked nice. Any advice? Thanks.

DrumJunkie 03-14-2013 08:07 AM

What model Smith?

kirbinster 03-14-2013 02:20 PM

I love my Gen4 G22, it eats any cheap ammo I can find and has never had a failure of any sort. I also have a KKM conversion barrel so I can have it eat 9mm as well.

j4454 03-14-2013 02:27 PM

If your talking M&P I would try the smith out. M&P feels way better in the hand and the stock sights are ten times better. Glocks still feels like a pistol designed 30 years ago ergonomics blow. Some will tell you smith has a crappy trigger but it breaks in, and just like any pistol you can upgrade it if your truly unhappy. Shoot both and decide or see which one you can get a deal on!

hardluk1 03-14-2013 10:37 PM

See how they both feel in the hand and go from there. Know that the compact model can use an X grip adaptor and the full sized mags like glock but pay attention to trigger type. M&P full size can be bought with a DA type trigger and a trigger that has a short reset like glock. The m&p compact is DA type now. Do figure as least a apex striker block up grade as it make for a nice trigger. Both work well. Breaks in to a point. Still needs a striker block up grade.

I have a m&p now and had a glock. I like the m&p better.

latietz 03-15-2013 08:55 AM

Thanks. Yes I was thinking either the M&P or the Glock . The Glock feels a bit better. And I heard it was very reliable. My Springfield 1911 is killer driller, but heavy. I have a S&W 910 it's lighter to carry but I want more stopping power than a 9mm. My other 9s are too cumbersome as well. Is the M&P worth getting?

locutus 03-15-2013 05:37 PM

I love S&W revolvers, but i would choose a Glock over a S&W autoloader any day.

mdauben 03-16-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4454
If your talking M&P I would try the smith out. M&P feels way better in the hand and the stock sights are ten times better. Glocks still feels like a pistol designed 30 years ago ergonomics blow.

I really think you need to preface that with "in my opinion". They are both great guns with lots of fans. I personally prefer the Glocks and think they fit my hands best and I actually like the Glock stock sights.

I would urge anyone to try them both and see which *they* like best. ;)

j4454 03-16-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdauben
I really think you need to preface that with "in my opinion". They are both great guns with lots of fans. I personally prefer the Glocks and think they fit my hands best and I actually like the Glock stock sights.

I would urge anyone to try them both and see which *they* like best. ;)

I believe you partially quoted me. In the end I said try both? Did you stop reading or are you trying to be a douche I don't understand? I'm assuming the later since you cut that part out of the quote. Everything on forums is an opinion! When it comes to modern polymers the only real difference is preference; my preference is M&P American owned and made.

eatmydust 03-16-2013 01:31 PM

"Ask yerself a question Punk, do you feel lucky?"