Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock or Springfield

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W Sigma / M&P

As someone started to mention S&W has entered this market also.

The M&P model is just called the "S&W M&P [caliber]" and is available in all major calibers.

They also have the "S&W Sigma Series" which is actually a "borrowed" Glock design, for about $100 less (than glock).

The local range-owner was strongly pushing me towards the sigma-series, his best-selling gun. I got something else because I wanted a hammer and manual-safety, but I hear these are pretty good.

__

Raven

Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #22

I have a 9mm XD service.
I love it because of the point and shoot ergonomics. I also have a M&P .45. The grip options are nice but some do not like the trigger.

* Rom. 12:12

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."
- Henry Varley to DL Moody

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Old 10-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenslay3r View Post
As someone started to mention S&W has entered this market also.

The M&P model is just called the "S&W M&P [caliber]" and is available in all major calibers.

They also have the "S&W Sigma Series" which is actually a "borrowed" Glock design, for about $100 less (than glock).

The local range-owner was strongly pushing me towards the sigma-series, his best-selling gun. I got something else because I wanted a hammer and manual-safety, but I hear these are pretty good.
The price may be good but........
Triggers are terrible, lots of reliability problems. The one I had loved to stovepipe.

* Rom. 12:12

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."
- Henry Varley to DL Moody

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Old 02-27-2008, 05:26 AM   #24

The best thing you can do is go to a facility that allows you to test different pistols prior to buying to find out if you like the feel and how the gun handles in your hands. I took a couple of weeks shooting Glocks, Sigs, Taurus, Ruger, and Springfields, in calibers from .380 to .45. I ended up getting a XD45C Tatical. Everyone has an opinion on which gun to get, but remember you are the one thats going to be shooting the gun not them, so get what you are comfortable with.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #25

got em both . shot both over and over . (fyi, i'm a .45 guy) glock is the better gun. not a stickie or a jam or anything i can blame on ammo or myself... like mostly all hg's have their fair share of. i love american products but xd's should not be constantly put in the catagorie of the glock. give me the simplicity of point and shoot service(no safety). the safety trigger is not really a safety because it's all over if you pull the trigger. glock demands certain habits from it's owners . i personally like the safe-t-blok thingy that you can lodge into the trigger and instantainiously push out to fire it if need be. with that, it has become an ultra safe tool for me. i like/collect .45's or i would sell my xd. the new g30 is a great gun. it's a compact beast of a ccw. my alltime favorite is the g21 newly the g21"sf". i'll throw the m&p in here to as a "no comparison to glock". Glocks are top shelf for decades while these other models and brands are still working out the kinks and finding their knitch. just the fact that sa made the xd look like a glock twin speaks volumes as to what they believe. no comparison in this contest.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideit View Post
i don't know how they feel in your hand but generally speaking
the total sales in 2005, for 9mm to 50cal. are:
GLOCK 288,132
S&W 125,584
ruger 65,603
sig 80,054
kimber 46,601
beretta 37,651
colt 14,057
springfield 5,849

Glock imports and sales more pistols in the usa than the top 3 american manufacturers. but if you remember the usa's top 2 also make revolvers, then the stats get even more in glock's favor - evidently a lot of people like the glock

That just means that there is one heck of a lot of dumb people out there buying gooks

Neither H&K , SIGS HANDS DOWN

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 06-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #27

OK, OK! I'm thinking; I'm thinking ..... Which one to choose? Which one to choose?

You know, I hear Springfield is looking for owner/users who will volunteer to carry XD pistols while doing, 'serious work'. This might be an excellent opportunity for you to do some groundbreaking CQB field work, and then report back to the rest of us on what you think about using an XD pistol when things suddenly go from, 'down to dirty'.

I, for one, would certainly like to hear about the results. My suggestion? I'd say get the XD pistol; and, if and when you're able, be sure to report back on what it's like to play with all those really cool, 'bells 'n whistles' while you're dodging lead.

And, then, there's the problems with factory service and keeping your new XD puppy up and running. A Glock can be serviced in your basement or garage; but, what the heck, that's always been just too easy - huh!

Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #28

I say Glock, Glock, and uhm GLOCK. The Springfields are nice don't get me wrong I just felt that they weighed more and I love Glocks. Just my input.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #29

Glock hands down. theres no question about it.
more reliable, accurate, parts everywhere...

Old 06-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I vote glock as well...