Glock repair return time?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock repair return time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Glock repair return time?

I just had my new Gen3 Glock17 sent out to Glock to be repaired due to the fact that it was ejecting spent casings straight back to my 6o'clock...I was wondering if anyone else had to send in their glock for repair and if so how long did they take to return it to you...I'm sure different repairs have different return times I'm just curious about how long I will be with out my new baby

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlx
I just had my new Gen3 Glock17 sent out to Glock to be repaired due to the fact that it was ejecting spent casings straight back to my 6o'clock...I was wondering if anyone else had to send in their glock for repair and if so how long did they take to return it to you...I'm sure different repairs have different return times I'm just curious about how long I will be with out my new baby
my buddy's g34 does the same thing usually putting em right down your shirt he thinks is something with the 9mm cause he also has a g22 & g31 his dad has a pair of g22 and I have a g22 & g24 and out of all those glocks only that 9mm spits em straight back at ya

Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well at least I'm not the only one with that problem....Is your buddy going to send it in for repair or just try to fix it himself...The last straw for me was when a casing landed between the side of my glasses and my temple and sat there for a good second or two singing me pretty bad..lol I still have the burn mark and it's been over a week..I didn't know casings got that hot until now...lol :/

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlx
Well at least I'm not the only one with that problem....Is your buddy going to send it in for repair or just try to fix it himself...The last straw for me was when a casing landed between the side of my glasses and my temple and sat there for a good second or two singing me pretty bad..lol I still have the burn mark and it's been over a week..I didn't know casings got that hot until now...lol :/
he isn't gonna do anything with it... he usually only takes it out camping to chop firewood (33 round mag) all three of us prefer the .40 over anything else

Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Yeah, they burn alot. I had one shoot back in between my eye protection!! You shouldve seen me trying to take them glasses off!. Anyway, i had to send my brand new G30sf to Glock and it took like a good three weeks. It will be worth the wait however cause my baby shootin sweet now. They shouldve emailed you directions on how to send the gun back. Repairs take like 2-4 weeks unless your getting slide refinishing; that adds extra two weeks. Good luck and keep us updated!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ya they sure do!!!....I had the gun mailed out through the store I bought it from about a week ago I'm gonna call them tomorrow to see if I can get a tracking number....Also their was one other odd thing that I forgot to mention...When the owner of the store and I were going through the "Glock introduction" and he was showing me the 3 internal safeties of the gun when we got around to the double action safe trigger we noticed it was missing?..He swapped the trigger with another gun he had so I was able to take the gun that day otherwise he said I can't take it out of the store due to safety reasons...I guess the guy that put together the gun came in a little hungover

Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well I just found out that the store sending out my gun it just now sent the gun out...I didn't know It took over a week to send something through ups*sarcasm*.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlx View Post
Well I just found out that the store sending out my gun it just now sent the gun out...I didn't know It took over a week to send something through ups*sarcasm*.
Wow!!....thats sucks

Old 04-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23

Wow!!....thats sucks
Ya I know!..Well anyways guys thanks for your help and I'll keep you posted on what happens...All I have now is a model 700 30-06 and it's a bit big for concealed carry...lol

Old 04-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone with Glock and they said It's going to be back in 4-6 weeks!!!!...Nooooooo!!!