Is Glock the Prince
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Is Glock the Prince

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Is Glock the Prince

I am new to firearms and enjoying learning. I have quickly noticed people are very passionate about their Glocks. Is it that it’s that good a pistol or is it one of those things where guys just like them? I feel left out; I am considering renting one at the range so I can say me too.
Why does everyone like them? Do they shoot really well, reliable or what. It’s the only handgun I seem to have noticed everyone seems to like and talks about. And my friends either have one or want one.
What’s the deal???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5995 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

there are much better guns out there but thats my opinion on what i like. unless you actually try one and a few other types of guns for yourself no one else has a valid opinion as to what you like.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #3

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Do a search on Glocks that have wounded owners. There are much better handguns than the "Rappers" Special.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #4

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

There will always be a place in my collection for a Glock, back whenever i turned 21 and started my LE career,a G17 is what i was introduced to and what i trained with. Ive also had a G23c and a G32, I now have a G31 .357sig and its a good gun. There has been people that have had the rare holster malfunction where holstering caused the gun to discharge "holsters fault", but as long as your not negligent you can go a lifetime without a negligent discharge... But for the record my favorite hangun is the 1911A1

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 02-01-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glocks are a good gun but there is much better guns out there.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 02-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #6

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Handicap View Post
I am new to firearms and enjoying learning. I have quickly noticed people are very passionate about their Glocks. Is it that it’s that good a pistol or is it one of those things where guys just like them? I feel left out; I am considering renting one at the range so I can say me too.
Why does everyone like them? Do they shoot really well, reliable or what. It’s the only handgun I seem to have noticed everyone seems to like and talks about. And my friends either have one or want one.
What’s the deal???

"It’s the only handgun I seem to have noticed everyone seems to like and talks about." Don't get out much do you, Handicap!

Definitely try out as many handguns as you can before buying anything. And try the leading trigger actions - SA, DA/SA, DAO and Glock's Safe Action. Find out what works for you.

My first handguns were revolvers and a Colt Series 70 1911. I still love them and many others as well. But I've been won over by Glock, it's a fine choice so definitely give it a try. There are many fine guns so find what works for you - not what works for someone else.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

Glocks are generally reliable and reasonably accurate. They are light weight and have good capacity. They are simple to shoot, point and click.

Glocks will not shoot unjacketed bullets through the factory barrel. They have very loose chamber dimensions that leads to deformed brass. Many have unsupported chambers that may lead to catastrophic failure (some amount of conjecture) (look up Glockkb). They have an unusual grip angle that causes them to point differently than other pistols. They are easy to shoot unintentionally/negligently. They have a pricing scheme designed to make too much profit from civilian buyers (IMHO). Gaston GLock is, was and always will be a NAZI.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8825 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11519

I own a Glock, I also own several other pistols. I prefer the revolvers over semi-autos myself, but it is only a marginal preference. I also prefer Ruger generally, but that's probably because I don't own any Colts and I don't own a 1911. I do own a couple of S&W revolvers, and I love 'em but the Rugers are my preference (again, by a thin margin). Beretta makes a fine pistol as well. I have fired many 1911's and really want to own one but none have come up in my price range so far.

The Glock wins against everything else on the market in durability hands down as far as I know. But I don't treat my guns (even the Glock) badly. Try one out and add it to your collection. Try other pistols out though, you might find that you like them as well.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7795 Times on 4682 Posts
Likes Given: 9798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I own a Glock, I also own several other pistols. I prefer the revolvers over semi-autos myself, but it is only a marginal preference. I also prefer Ruger generally, but that's probably because I don't own any Colts and I don't own a 1911. I do own a couple of S&W revolvers, and I love 'em but the Rugers are my preference (again, by a thin margin). Beretta makes a fine pistol as well. I have fired many 1911's and really want to own one but none have come up in my price range so far.

The Glock wins against everything else on the market in durability hands down as far as I know. But I don't treat my guns (even the Glock) badly. Try one out and add it to your collection. Try other pistols out though, you might find that you like them as well.
Dang! A man after my own heart. I like revolvers, too, and I only own two guns and they are both Rugers. I think I would like Colts and S&W but I haven't had much experience with either yet. I would love to own a Colt 1911. But, like Vikingdad, money always gets in the way of me having as much fun as I'd like.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #10

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Glocks are not called "KB" KaBoom pistols for no reason. They Kaboom in your hand and its no fun. I will not stand near anyone on the range shooting one these guns.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb2.html

Closed Thread