Glock model26 Gen3 vs Gen4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock model26 Gen3 vs Gen4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock model26 Gen3 vs Gen4

What is the difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 4? The pros & cons if you will, Or is there anything that different to even be concerned about? I hurd a new slide spring they changed could fail? And that they are using a different material for the barrel that wears out a little faster? Is this true or is there anything that different to even be concerned about? I am looking at buying a glock model 26
Any comments and or opinions are greatly appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Just off the top of my head I would say if the grip on the Gen3 works for you, go with it. I have ended up carrying my 27 (same exact size) daily now and wouldn't trade up. The Gen3's are proven, why risk a new design? I'm gonna give it a year or 2 before I go Gen4...

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 11-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #3

Default Glock Gen 3-4 review

For a good review

Gen 4 Glock: A Look at the New Features :: Guns Holsters and Gear

the writer covers the changes and why;

no-nonsense review

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 11-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The recoil spring assembly in the Gen 4 is a compound spring assembly. This tyoe assembly has been used in the 26/27 since they were first available. The other differences are the changable grip size, the grip texture, (halfway in between regular and RTF), and the reversible magazine release. I do not know if, and or when, they will be releasing the 26/27's in Gen 4 configuration. I haven't heard of a change in barrel material.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm no expert with Glocks but I thought the biggest change (aside from ergonomics and cosmetics) was the integration of the recoil reduction system; which looks like a fancier version of the HK (full sized) USP design although excecuted in a different way.

There have been some detractors who say that the new recoil system is touchy with certain loads making it more prone to FTE's.

I read at another forum that (unsubstantiated) Glock was going to offer a retrofitting recoil guide and spring assembly system that's more conventional like the previous gens.

Last edited by misterballistic; 11-22-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #6

Default Glock 26 question

I've just purchased G26 9mm. After a day or so, I noticed that the end of the guide rod(that is under the barrel)sticks out very slightly and is not flush with front of the slide. Sometimes I can move it with my finger, sometimes I can't, but it's always out. I checked other G26 models around town. Most of the have guide rod flush with slide. Only one or two had the same situation as my pistol. It does not affect shooting, feeding, ETC.
Just want to know if anyone else seen a problem like that and if it's a problem at all.
Thanks

Old 04-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #7

Default Glock 26 gen 3

My new Glock 26 muzzle looks just like yours. I'd say nothing's wrong with it. It's cosmetic in nature ONLY. But, it does pay to be observant for obvious problems that could turn into a safety issue. Enjoy your Glock.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #8

Default 1st Glock G26 or G27????

I am going to buy my first Glock, but I want to know which one you suggest me because of your experience with Glock... G26 or G27???
One of my main concerns is the recoil of the G27, but also, the caliber of the 9mm. I want to carry the gun with me, but want something that can be effective I need to defense myself. Does the G26 will have the power need it? or should I go with the G27 no matter the recoil???

Thanks for your advise...

Old 11-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte1 View Post
For a good review

Gen 4 Glock: A Look at the New Features :: Guns Holsters and Gear

the writer covers the changes and why;

no-nonsense review
In the other time u still can go to here.
http://dv.gd/gunsholstersandgear

Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #10

Default Its all personal preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafSua View Post
I am going to buy my first Glock, but I want to know which one you suggest me because of your experience with Glock... G26 or G27???
One of my main concerns is the recoil of the G27, but also, the caliber of the 9mm. I want to carry the gun with me, but want something that can be effective I need to defense myself. Does the G26 will have the power need it? or should I go with the G27 no matter the recoil???

Thanks for your advise...
I own a G23 and I love it. A friend and I bought them at the same time but he got the G19. I love the power the .40 has and the recoil is not much heavier than your average 9mm in my opinion. I am actually going to buy the G26 pretty soon here mainly because the ammo is less expensive and after shooting .40's it is a nice change of pace. I feel like when I shoot my buddy's G19 that I am more accurate at quick fire than I am with my 23. (I attribute that mostly to the lighter 9mm loads.)
Hope this helps you with your decision.