Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Glock or M&P (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/glock-m-p-30245/)

indyfan 08-09-2010 10:09 PM

Glock or M&P

I've decided to buy a polymer pistol. My very first polymer.

I'm stuck between a Glock 22 (3rd gen) or M&P 40. Both feel pretty good in hand, but I've never fired either of them nor do I know anyone who owns one.

Anyone own one? Fired one? I just wanted some input from you guys before I make my decision

thank you much

-indy

danf_fl 08-09-2010 10:18 PM

I prefer the way the trigger guard is on the S&W. My trigger finger does "drag" on the bottom of the guard like it does with a Glock.

Dillinger 08-09-2010 11:48 PM

No one can tell you what pistol is going to fit your hand and shoot well FOR YOU!!

You need to go and shoot them yourself. Find a local range that rents handguns and give them a try. Whatever one fits your hands, shoots on target the best, FOR YOU, is the one you need to consider.

And f*ck the rest of us mooks and what we like. :D

Good luck!

JD

indyfan 08-09-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 328885)
No one can tell you what pistol is going to fit your hand and shoot well FOR YOU!!

You need to go and shoot them yourself. Find a local range that rents handguns and give them a try. Whatever one fits your hands, shoots on target the best, FOR YOU, is the one you need to consider.

And f*ck the rest of us mooks and what we like. :D

Good luck!

JD

Thats the problem, I don't know anyone who owns these guns and we don't have a rental range near my town so I'm pretty much buying it blind. I'm most likely gonna go with the M&P 40 since it feels good in my chubby hands. (and the local police in my city issue the MP40)

Shihan 08-10-2010 12:09 AM

Since you asked, I will have to side with the M&P. Much better fit and feel for me. With the interchangeable back strap you can get the feel that is good for you.

JMO, go for the M&P.

Best thing to do is go to a range that rents both and give them a try for yourself.

Let us know what you go for.

GO M&P
GO M&P
GO M&P
GO M&P;)

Murfdog 08-10-2010 12:11 AM

Have you looked at H&K? But I agree you need to shoot each one to know
the one you like.

Murfdog:)

danf_fl 08-10-2010 12:25 AM

What works for me may not work for you.
Grab ear and eye protection and check out a range near you. Obey the range rules and talk with shooters there. Most will be happy to tell you what they like and dislike.
I have let observers shoot my handguns if they seemed to be serious (but not everyone will do that).
Good luck

Freedom-1911 08-10-2010 01:37 AM

Get the best of both worlds.
Buy a Glock 22 Gen 4.
Personally I'd get the Gen4 17. Ammo is cheaper and you get to shoot more.
And you can get SD/HD ammo that is as hot and hard hitting as 40SW.

JoeParker 08-10-2010 01:54 AM

It's your choice. You'll be the one shooting it. Fire each pistol a good amount to see what works best for you.

However since you don't have a rental range near you :(... I vote you go for the Glock. But that's just my opinion :D.

indyfan 08-10-2010 02:46 AM

Turns out my friend owns an Glock 21. So Im gonna shoot it tomorrow and see how I like it. As for the M&P, I may just have to research it more

thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it