Glock. Its a love/hate thing... Why?! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock. Its a love/hate thing... Why?!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 188
Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

I was not suggesting to rely on a safety. What I was trying to say is that to me it seems like a great way for a snag or something else to go wrong. I know about safe firearms handling I just do not agree with the lack of a safety. The more layers of protection against human or mechanical error the less likely something could wrong.

__________________
MTHunter is offline  
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cattledog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 1,459
Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
I was not suggesting to rely on a safety. What I was trying to say is that to me it seems like a great way for a snag or something else to go wrong. I know about safe firearms handling I just do not agree with the lack of a safety. The more layers of protection against human or mechanical error the less likely something could wrong.
If we're going there anyway, I'll add this: layers of protection, multiple safeties CAN (not always) create complacency and a false sense of security. There is no greater safety than vigilance, in any case....ever.
__________________
Join the NRA Here!


"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
Cattledog is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 AM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
If we're going there anyway, I'll add this: layers of protection, multiple safeties CAN (not always) create complacency and a false sense of security. There is no greater safety than vigilance, in any case....ever.
well said Cattledog. i have to agree.

the best safety is the one in between your ears, your brain.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SigArmored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: FT. Meyers,Fla.
Posts: 518
Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
LOL...btw its was a glock that he shot himslf with.....couldnt resist

Video Link: http://youtu.be/oKHlgCZ8Kvg
Now that &#!/ is just funny!
__________________
SigArmored is offline  
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i have to agree with MM13. many of us handled revolvers for years before shooting or ownng semi-autos. revolvers dont have safeties. we relied on safe handling practices and gun safety procedures.
I guess it comes down to defining what constitutes a safety to you. The revolvers I've handled have had very heavy and/or long triggers. These to me are a safety feature. My Glock does not have any of this.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post

If we're going there anyway, I'll add this: layers of protection, multiple safeties CAN (not always) create complacency and a false sense of security. There is no greater safety than vigilance, in any case....ever.
Not always is an extreme understatement don't ya think? Not that there isn't logic to your point.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #57
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I guess it comes down to defining what constitutes a safety to you. The revolvers I've handled have had very heavy and/or long triggers. These to me are a safety feature. My Glock does not have any of this.
sometimes the more we handle firearms, complacency does become a problem. sometime a gentle reminder like these here on this thread and the discussion of safeties could prevent one us from getting complacent and getting hurt due to it.

discussion is good. because we keep the channels of thought open and remind ourselves and others the dangers of loaded fireams.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

sometimes themore we handle firearms, complacency does become a problem. sometime a gentle reminder like these here on this thread and the discussion of safeties could prevent one us from gettingcomplacent and getting hurt due to it.

discussion is good. because we keep the channels of thought open and remind ourselves and others the dangers of loaded fireams.
Don't disagree at all axxe! Things like this and videos on youtube showing Chamber checks to ensure unloaded are great aids and reminders for us all.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTheNickhead
I'm new to any firearm forum and I've just been reading a bunch lately...

It seems people either love glock, or absolutely hate it...

I can understand why someone would love glock. I get it.

But I don't understand why people hate it...
I'm not a glock fan boy, I'm just curious as to why...

I hear a lot of talk about it being "Tupperware", but there are plenty of polymer guns out there..

And I guess you can hate it because there are less safeties...

....the only legitimate reason I see for hating glock is that they are ugly as HELL!

What's YOUR reason?
Have owned two, loved both.. Traded my last for a 1911. That said this week I plan to purchase my 3rd Glock, a Gen4 19, will be my 2nd 19. The price is just too good to pass up.
I'm no fan boy but they are durable and reliable, I feel if one can be had at fair price or a deal they are worth owning, especially in a SHTF scenario.
Just my opinion..
That said, my Kimber 1911 is nicest gun I've ever owned personally.
__________________

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

deadsp0t is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:32 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,643
Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Default

HATE them because:

1. Grossly and disgustingly OOGLY. Even a fresh dog poop

has some nice curves and lines.

2. Awful safeties. "Glock Leg" is an heinous shadow which

Glock uses for shade.

3. Arrogance of those sewage-suckers at the company.
"Cheap LEOS prefer our plastic crap, so because of sheer
sales volume to the ignorantly apathetic, we don't feel the
need to EVER respect a customer."

"We feature the world's most pathetic safety, arguably WORSE
than that on a Mosin, yet we feel NO need to ever
alter our new designs, or recall our old designs."

__________________

Last edited by therewolf; 04-28-2013 at 03:34 AM.
therewolf is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Marlin model 60 love or hate bwalka .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 23 02-09-2012 02:33 AM
Glock haters gonna hate Seven Glock Forum 6 01-31-2012 04:43 PM
Love my Glock 34!!! washabra Glock Forum 8 03-24-2011 02:13 AM
I am in love with my $300 Glock knockoff jps37033 Semi-Auto Handguns 11 11-21-2009 01:55 AM