Glock. Its a love/hate thing... Why?! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock. Its a love/hate thing... Why?!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I don't hate Glocks. I just don't own one. Almost bought a 26 a few weeks ago. It felt good but by the time I would have bought the extensions for every mag and extra mags I bought a S&W M&P 9c with 2 mags for less. The S&W with the medium backstrap feels like it was made for my hand.

I never have had a chance to shoot a Glock but by dry-firing in the store I can tell that the trigger would definately need some work. The trigger on the Smith breaks nice and clean. I'll run about 500 rounds through it and I'm sure it will get even better.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
All you GLOCK lovers are the same. You try and hide it by talking sh!t about it. TRIP is a for sure GLOCK lover. Classic closet GLOCK LOVER. How else to hide it by banning yourself from the GLOCK forum!!! haha. I love all my firearms that I purchase except that damn Kel Tec P3AT!!

now I KNOW you didnt just accuse me of being a closet glock lover. Thems would be fightin words

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #43

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

I like Glocks as guns, but not as defensive tools, and that's what guns are to me, so, as such, Glocks fail for my intended purpose.

I have a Glock 30 in 45 cal. I love it... quality components, reliable, as accurate as any gun in a competent shooters hand, with tons of aftermarket parts available. The takedown is simple and requires no tools. They have good capacity with optional extended mags, talking 30+ rounds, in the aftermarket. Aside from the last part, dozens of other guns can claim the same thing.

In the end, to me, a gun is a gun is a gun. I prefer the looks of a 1911 more and the fact that they employ safeties, but I also very much like the look of Glocks, they appear more utility like. I like the square slide and butter smooth, even slippery, finish it has. I've not once had a single failure of any kind.

I don't even like the concept of striker fire, but cannot deny its value and proven performance in quality products like Glocks or Kahrs. I feel like they're a little overpriced, but so are many other highly touted firearms brands.

I love the ergonomics, they point much more natural for the type of grip I prefer. I really wish other guns did!

I don't understand fanboism, no matter the product. But the fact is who cares what someone else thinks about your gun, they're not the one shooting it or paying for the ammo, so they have no say. Buy the gun you like and eff the rest!

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 04-28-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #44

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
Complete lack of a safety is what I can not stand about them. I prefer to carry "cocked and locked" with a Glock that personally sounds like a good way to shoot yourself in the leg.
Yes millions of Leos are carrying them cocked and locked everyday and the are constantly shooting themselves in the leg. Any gun is a good way to shoot yourself in the leg if you don't know what you are doing.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #45
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
Complete lack of a safety is what I can not stand about them. I prefer to carry "cocked and locked" with a Glock that personally sounds like a good way to shoot yourself in the leg.
Trusting in a safety is far more dangerous than practicing safe firearm handling. Keep the booger picker off the bang switch and you're good.
Btw my edc is a glock. No bullet holes in my legs. The only time I've ever come close to a negligent discharge was at the range and do to a faulty safety.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post

Trusting in a safety is far more dangerous than practicing safe firearm handling. Keep the booger picker off the bang switch and you're good.
Btw my edc is a glock. No bullet holes in my legs. The only time I've ever come close to a negligent discharge was at the range and do to a faulty safety.
I think that makes quite the assumption that one can't exist with the other. I prefer both!

Old 04-28-2013, 02:51 AM   #47
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

I think that makes quite the assumption that one can't exist with the other. I prefer both!
No the assumption is that anyone who would make the previous statement about the lack of a safety relies entirely too much on said safety.
Having a safety is not necessarily a bad thing, relying on a safety is another matter.
Relying on your safe handling and having a safety as a backup is not a bad way to go.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post

No the assumption is that anyone who would make the previous statement about the lack of a safety relies entirely too much on said safety.
Having a safety is not necessarily a bad thing, relying on a safety is another matter.
Relying on your safe handling and having a safety as a backup is not a bad way to go.
Eh, it was just your basic hyperbole to make a point. I can't disagree that it was rather outlandish, but I agree with the sentiment behind it. I won't even consider a carry gun that doesn't have manual safety or really long trigger. Most have at least one, but Glock does not, not in my eyes. Some would say Glocks have very ong triggers, it's all in how you perceive and what you compare to. I understand your point for sure as it is a valid one, but a bit shortsighted and incomplete if you ask me.

Then again, who's asking me!?! Lol

As I always say, to each their own, agree or not I couldn't care less because I don't have to carry what I don't want. Isn't individual choice great!?

Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

LOL...btw its was a glock that he shot himslf with.....couldnt resist

http://youtu.be/oKHlgCZ8Kvg

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #50
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have to agree with MM13. many of us handled revolvers for years before shooting or ownng semi-autos. revolvers dont have safeties. we relied on safe handling practices and gun safety procedures.

Closed Thread