Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock gen 4 vs. m&p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Default Glock gen 4 vs. m&p

A recent question was posed by my sheriff whether we should stay with Glock and upgrade to gen 4 or go to the m&p. i say glock becuase of the customer service, warranty, ease of armoring and the tried and true Glock name. But, the m&p is a sweet shooting gun man. Only downfall I see is detail stripping this gun is a b$&ch! Looking for pros and cons vs. both. Thanks for you input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #2

Love the glock. I've owned four. I've had 1 M&P. It was a pro 9mm. Striker broke and had to get sent back after two Weeks. It took Smith and Wesson two months to get me my gun back. I'm lucky enough to have dozens of firearms but had this been a primary piece for self defense, I would have been up a creek without a paddle. Never broke a glock. That's my opinion. Oh and after all the stories I heard about S&W sending back a free mag or a t shirt, I'll tell ya I got nothing but a two month wait. I once sent a ruger back. It was returned within 2 Weeks and in the box was a free mag. Just my .02.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman1911
Love the glock. I've owned four. I've had 1 M&P. It was a pro 9mm. Striker broke and had to get sent back after two Weeks. It took Smith and Wesson two months to get me my gun back. I'm lucky enough to have dozens of firearms but had this been a primary piece for self defense, I would have been up a creek without a paddle. Never broke a glock. That's my opinion. Oh and after all the stories I heard about S&W sending back a free mag or a t shirt, I'll tell ya I got nothing but a two month wait. I once sent a ruger back. It was returned within 2 Weeks and in the box was a free mag. Just my .02.
Thank you for that. I want to buy American but I trust my life to Austrian engineering on this one.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #4

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I really don't care to own a M&P. I don't see that they do anything better than glock. I do like a glock for basic function and ease of use. Besides if you change brands all will have to learn the different trigger pull and grip angle and that means extra trigger time and ammo waisted just to learn the new pistols. More dollars spend most departments don't have.