glock - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

I have a love hate relationship with my G23 gen4. Is it reliable? Yes. Is it accurate? Yes. Is it Gods gift to earth in the gun world? Hell no.

I was looking for a reliable, accurate gun for CC. I wonted it to be double stack and have the ability to easily change to other calibers. I'm not a huge fan of .40 but I felt I needed one bc the last time there was a run on ammo that's about all I could find. I also wonted a gun that was ugly. I got tired of beating up my other guns. So I wonted something that I would not care if it got scratched or anything. The grip really doesn't bother me. I'm the type of person that can be accurate with just about anything I pick up.
But if for some reason I had to rely on someone who is not use to it in a bad situation (say i got shot and my friend had to pick it up and use it) we might be screwed.

I hate the trigger. It has got to be the worst trigger I have ever felt. The slide stop is to flush. The guide rod just seams to flimsy but has not caused any problems yet. I don't like that you can't shoot cast bullets with out a barrel swap. And the unsupported chamber sucks.

But the thing I hate the most about Glocks are the damn fan boys.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 501 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

They point better and more naturally for me, most find the opposite to be true for them.

They are great, not just good, but great guns! Quality Inn every sense. I highly recommend Glock brand handguns.

I echo your every word. I wouldn't trade my G-22 for anything
Keep taking the tablets.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #23

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Keep taking the tablets.
You misunderstand greatly.

I love Glocks for the reasons stated, but I hate them for others, and have gotten rid of mine because they outweigh the good.

I never said they are MORE reliable or accurate than everything else. Most guns I've experienced have these attributes, I was simply being supportive. They are great guns of high quality, as are thousands of others.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

IMO a persons first handgun should be a .22 revolver or auto. If you can only afford one handgun and you need it to be a cc/hd weapon. Then i would suggest a 9mm or .38 special. You could learn to shoot great with a .357 sig, but as a first gun imo its a good way to develop a flinch.