Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Glock 34 revenge at the range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/glock-34-revenge-range-66147/)

Dearhunter 06-09-2012 11:44 PM

Glock 34 revenge at the range

I will try to make this short!!!
I was at a public shooting range this past week, which I cant stand. But, my membership into a new shooting club is not complete. Here is what took place.
When I arrived there were some young good old boys banging away at tin cans and odd targets with handguns. I moved off to the far side away from them to enjoy my own shooting. These guys were loud talkers and one in particular. He only had two front teeth!! There were other shooters in between us. About half hour later there were only me, one shooter to my left and the three good old boys. I heard the loudmouth shout over to me, "Hey old dude" you wanna put two dollars up and do some shootin. They invited the guy next to me also. I thought about it and said fine with me. I ask what they wanted to shoot. I had plenty of NRA shooting targets and offered them up. It was decided, the best of 10 rounds at 15 yards took the pot. I let them all bang away, then took my Glock 34 and blew the x out of the center of the target. Picked up the 10 bucks and went back to my side of the range. They got real quiet after that and kept looking over at me shooting.
It was a good day!! "Never judge a book by its cover"

vincent 06-10-2012 12:48 AM

Pics or it didn't happen...of the 2 tooth guy, not the targets! :D

LikeABoss 06-10-2012 12:51 AM

We want pics of the guy without teeth

c3shooter 06-10-2012 01:12 AM

Age and cunning will triumph over youth and exuberance! :p

mdemotte 06-10-2012 01:28 AM

Well done sir! Well done!

danolator 06-10-2012 01:35 AM

Sweet. Love it when real shooters show their stuff. Congrats.

danf_fl 06-10-2012 09:17 AM

Because this is not of the magnitude to be researched by Snopes.com, I still compliment you.

It is feasible for us old guys to still shoot better that loud mouthed, smart alecky punks.

Argyle_Armoring 06-10-2012 11:48 AM

I would comment on this thread but I'm one of those young punks that can put my money where my mouth is. :D

D'OH!!

BlueTurf 06-14-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearhunter (Post 830736)
I will try to make this short!!!
I was at a public shooting range this past week, which I cant stand. But, my membership into a new shooting club is not complete. Here is what took place.
When I arrived there were some young good old boys banging away at tin cans and odd targets with handguns. I moved off to the far side away from them to enjoy my own shooting. These guys were loud talkers and one in particular. He only had two front teeth!! There were other shooters in between us. About half hour later there were only me, one shooter to my left and the three good old boys. I heard the loudmouth shout over to me, "Hey old dude" you wanna put two dollars up and do some shootin. They invited the guy next to me also. I thought about it and said fine with me. I ask what they wanted to shoot. I had plenty of NRA shooting targets and offered them up. It was decided, the best of 10 rounds at 15 yards took the pot. I let them all bang away, then took my Glock 34 and blew the x out of the center of the target. Picked up the 10 bucks and went back to my side of the range. They got real quiet after that and kept looking over at me shooting.

It was a good day!! "Never judge a book by its cover"

This scene sounds familiar. Let me guess, at least one of the good old boys was wearing camouflage and chewing tobacco.

I quit going to a public range near where I live because of scenes like this. There was always some obnoxious buffoon with his SKS trying to impress the rest of us with his pow pow pow, rat-a-tat-tat shooting. More than once I got invited/challenged to a "friendly shooting match". One time when this happened I was shooting my Win 94. I accepted the challenge and put down my 94 and got out my NM M1A. Can you guess what happened?

BlueTurf 06-14-2012 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deerhunter, are these the guys you were shooting against?