Glock 30S vs Spring field XDS - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock 30S vs Spring field XDS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I LOVE my xds, it is incredibly fun to shoot. I added the granulated talon grips and its just awesome. Plus an extra mag is super easy to throw in the "5th" pocket in jeans or just a pocket in general

Old 05-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #12

Liked 290 Times on 251 Posts

The one thing I keep coming back to, when deciding not to get one, is that it's barely smaller than my current 45.

At 6.3" long the XDs is only .4" less than my Firestar.

At 4.4" tall it's only .35" in shorter and carries one less round for it.

It is thinner, by .2", which even by such slim margins counts for a lot in pocket carry, but enough to change from my preferred SAO 1911-like beauty... hardly.

Granted it's over 12oz lighter to, which would be very nice, but is the least of my concerns at the point. Once a gun is 20oz or more, the felt difference in a pocket is near negligible to me.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #13

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've shot both..IMO the Springfield would be the gun of choice if money is of no concern but the Glock is a better value.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I own a gen2 Glock 30. Have had it over 10 years now. My neighbor not long ago asked me to get his anti-gun wife educated on firearms topics, from ownership and safety to defensive use etc. in a matter of 2 months I got her to 180 from zero weapon tolerance to having to handguns in their house and constant range visits. She got a XDM9 and he got the XDS45. I've fired both a great deal of times. In comparison, I don't like the design in the Springfield frames. It's quite harsh for someone who shoots frequently. Very aggressive pattern that can, and will begin to chew your hand. Both the xd's and the G30 time must have a pinky grip extension, they are equal in that. The XDS has a very low capacity in comparison to the glock, though the XDM holds more. In terms of accuracy, I personally am far more proficient with the glock than either of the XD's. that's likely a combination of time spent shooting each, but again is related to the aggressive pattern on the XD frame. Glock has always to me been the pinnacle of simplicity and reliability. At the end of the day, shoot both models enough to learn your preference, and buy what suits you best.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #15

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I own a gen2 Glock 30. Have had it over 10 years now. My neighbor not long ago asked me to get his anti-gun wife educated on firearms topics, from ownership and safety to defensive use etc. in a matter of 2 months I got her to 180 from zero weapon tolerance to having to handguns in their house and constant range visits. She got a XDM9 and he got the XDS45. I've fired both a great deal of times. In comparison, I don't like the design in the Springfield frames. It's quite harsh for someone who shoots frequently. Very aggressive pattern that can, and will begin to chew your hand. Both the xd's and the G30 time must have a pinky grip extension, they are equal in that. The XDS has a very low capacity in comparison to the glock, though the XDM holds more. In terms of accuracy, I personally am far more proficient with the glock than either of the XD's. that's likely a combination of time spent shooting each, but again is related to the aggressive pattern on the XD frame. Glock has always to me been the pinnacle of simplicity and reliability. At the end of the day, shoot both models enough to learn your preference, and buy what suits you best.
Interesting post...I was shooting my Glock 30SF last week and the guy next to me had the XD 45..We swapped guns and fired only 3 rounds but I put all 3 with the XD on top of each other nearly dead center. I actually thought it was slightly more comfortable than the Glock but only firing 3 rounds I really couldn't tell. I'm happy with my Glock and definitely don't think it's worth 2 to 300 more for the Springfield. The Glock is fairly comfortable, ultra reliable and accurate--I think they are some of the best values in firearms out there. (Although I recently bought an SW SD40 at a gun show for $329 new that is basically a Glock knockoff)

Old 05-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybuddy

Interesting post...I was shooting my Glock 30SF last week and the guy next to me had the XD 45..We swapped guns and fired only 3 rounds but I put all 3 with the XD on top of each other nearly dead center. I actually thought it was slightly more comfortable than the Glock but only firing 3 rounds I really couldn't tell. I'm happy with my Glock and definitely don't think it's worth 2 to 300 more for the Springfield. The Glock is fairly comfortable, ultra reliable and accurate--I think they are some of the best values in firearms out there. (Although I recently bought an SW SD40 at a gun show for $329 new that is basically a Glock knockoff)
It takes a couple mags to realize the bite in the grip. (The XDS). I was definately far less accurate, but I have the Pearce extension on my Glock and the XDS did not. I despise having a wandering finger and that in itself is destructive to my shooting accuracy. I will say, I did actually fire a 9mm round through a .40 Springfield (by accident obviously) and it actually fired and tried to extract, though the extremely bloated case didn't cooperate in said extraction. Actually hit the 10 ring too!

Anyway, I think repetition is needed to feel the bite I speak of. It would be a huge disappointment for me to buy one and figure that out later. It's a deal breaker to me.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr