Glock 27, MP 40c or a Sig P250? First pistol
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock 27, MP 40c or a Sig P250? First pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Glock 27, MP 40c or a Sig P250? First pistol

Hey guys, would love your imput on which gun i should buy as my sub compact ccw and home defense pistol. I am between the glock 27, mp 40c and the sig p250.

The glock has the proven performance and reliability and is a sweet looking little pistol.

The mp is just as spreliable i hear, and almost a clone of the glock 27, but one thing i like is the mp has the feature where it won't fire if there's no mag in the well. I like this because i have a 2 year old son and another on the way.

Lastly, the sig is a sweet well made pistol which can change from sub compact to full size with some extras.

I also want to get an old Colt detective special in 38 like my dad used to have, would be nice for his memory, and also because wheel guns are so reliable.

Toughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

You need to consider glock 23. Excellent firearm, good caliber, still concealable, higher capacity than the 27.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Either the Glock or the M&P will serve you well. They will both take the higher capacity magazines that are used in the full size models, so don't worry too much about capacity. The thing to do is shoot both if possible. If not, at least get your hands on them and see which one feels best to you.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I should have mentioned that i am from new york so having a 10 round mag is my max.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #5

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance
I should have mentioned that i am from new york so having a 10 round mag is my max.
Should have realized that. Glock or the S&W for sure. Sig makes a nice gun but I am not crazy about the 250.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I would take a look at the G23 as well. But if you must have between the three you mentioned, i would choose the G27 hands down. I hear the m&p is nice too but IMO, i would go glock or go home

Old 01-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #7

From what you mentioned i would do the glock or m&p. I myself prefer the glock, i like rugged and simple design that has come to be a super reliable gun

Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I'am a big Sig fan but don't care for the 250 .I sold mine it was a first generation though and probably will be the last polly gun I'll buy but thats just my preferance .

Old 01-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

These are top quality pics. I have shot all three and own a second Gen. 250c. I would say go with the s&w. You wouldn't go wrong with any of these.