Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Glock 19 vs Berreta 92fs vs Springfield XD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 19 vs Berreta 92fs vs Springfield XD

Saturday I will be making my first handgun purchase. I want a 9mm. I put up three choices. Which one do you prefer and why? Your opinion will be useful and considered. Thanks to all the marksmen who reply.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #2

Liked 375 Times on 231 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

go with the 19 good reliable gun.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #3

Liked 1134 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 281

I have not shot the other two, but I have had a 92FS for about two years and I do like to shoot that pistol. I am a dyed in the wool 1911 man, but if I need to impress someone with my shooting, I break out the 92. I like just about everything about that pistol. (If it were in .45 auto, it would be perfect and I would never have to buy another pistol)

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

I have owned both the 92FS and the XD but never a Glock. I'll offer that either of the 3 you're considering are dependable, accurate and reliable guns that will serve you well. That being said the best fit will depend on your purpose, such as CCW, target, etc. Both the XD and Glock are polymer framed and offer multiple configurations of barrel and grip length for ease of concealment, not to mention capacities up to around 19+1. The Beretta is all metal, heavy and bulky...not the best choice for concealed carry but one hell of a rugged shooter. However you choose, be sure to pick the gun that fits you, feels good in your hands and is one that you are comfortable and confident using. Post an update and some pics afterwards.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 02-24-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
I have owned both the 92FS and the XD but never a Glock. I'll offer that either of the 3 you're considering are dependable, accurate and reliable guns that will serve you well. That being said the best fit will depend on your purpose, such as CCW, target, etc. Both the XD and Glock are polymer framed and offer multiple configurations of barrel and grip length for ease of concealment, not to mention capacities up to around 19+1. The Beretta is all metal, heavy and bulky...not the best choice for concealed carry but one hell of a rugged shooter. However you choose, be sure to pick the gun that fits you, feels good in your hands and is one that you are comfortable and confident using. Post an update and some pics afterwards.
The only .45 I have owned was S&W 1911 Style. Gave to my son years
ago. I really like the looks of the XDM .45 but it is too big for cc in my
opinion. I also have a Beretta 92fs Vertec. You're right it is all metal, but
the frame is aluminum. It's not real heavy until you load up 16 rounds
of ammo. It's just too big, in my opinion, for every day carry. It would
be great for open carry, but I choose to carry concealed.

My EDC is a Taurus 709slim and am going to get a Ruger LCP for back
up (pocket gun).

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9 View Post
The only .45 I have owned was S&W 1911 Style. Gave to my son years
ago. I really like the looks of the XDM .45 but it is too big for cc in my
opinion. I also have a Beretta 92fs Vertec. You're right it is all metal, but
the frame is aluminum. It's not real heavy until you load up 16 rounds
of ammo. It's just too big, in my opinion, for every day carry. It would
be great for open carry, but I choose to carry concealed.

My EDC is a Taurus 709slim and am going to get a Ruger LCP for back
up (pocket gun).
Have you seen the new 3.8" XDm compacts?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Have you seen the new 3.8" XDm compacts?
That is one badass pistol. I want one when they come out soooo bad.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #8

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I have shot the 92 and used to own a Cougar. I currently own an XDm. I carry a G19 4th gen almost every day.
They all work very well but the G19 is a compact size, light weight, and high capacity at a nice price.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #9

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Damn man.. Buy American!!!. Get a S&W M&P

Old 02-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #10

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

If you want an all-metal, well crafted, last a lifetime pistol for target shooting, get the 92FS. If you want a 'carry' pistol, the Glock or XDm in a 3.8 compact are better choices. All are good pistols.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.