Give me some feedback on these shots - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Give me some feedback on these shots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2388 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
This really helped me out with my grip and trigger pull, as well as sight picture. Just keep dry-firing and practicing an it'll come.

"How to Become a Master Handgunner: The Mechanics of X-Count Shooting, Revised and Updated Edition" Book by Charles Stephens - MidwayUSA
I'll put that on my "to-do" list. I haven't got through the material I've ordered so far.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-08-2010, 03:18 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

It's a good fun book. Short too. Just have your SP101, XDM and some snap caps handy while reading.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Nice shooting with the XDm and on target with the ruger. I wouls expect the same thing and be pretty happy wih that target. Are you shooting off hand or from a rest?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

The first two things I would try with the Ruger:

1. Dry fire it and see if your sights "snap" up when the trigger breaks. If so, you are still having an issue with the DA trigger pull and/or the way the gun fits in your hand and/or the way you are gripping the gun (revolvers should be gripped even higher than autos).

Dry fire is free and you don't have to wait till the next time you're at the range.

2. Let someone else shoot the gun, preferably someone you know who is proficient with a revolver. If you have the opportunity, let several people shoot it. If everybody who shoots that gun shoots high, it's most likely the gun.

BTW, does it shoot to point of aim if you shoot it single action?

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 06-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2388 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Are you shooting off hand or from a rest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
The first two things I would try with the Ruger:

1. Dry fire it and see if your sights "snap" up when the trigger breaks. If so, you are still having an issue with the DA trigger pull and/or the way the gun fits in your hand and/or the way you are gripping the gun (revolvers should be gripped even higher than autos).

Dry fire is free and you don't have to wait till the next time you're at the range.

2. Let someone else shoot the gun, preferably someone you know who is proficient with a revolver. If you have the opportunity, let several people shoot it. If everybody who shoots that gun shoots high, it's most likely the gun.

BTW, does it shoot to point of aim if you shoot it single action?
All good points. I will definitely check this out.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA