Originally Posted by jismail
- usage: carry vs left at home - that will impace size and weight criteria
- 'panic mode' comfort with the weapon i.e, does she fully understand it's pre-fire prep and can do so 'automatically' if the time ever comes - that may point to a revolver or auto as the basis of the platform
- maintainace of the weapon - can she field strip it, clean it?
- cost of operation, is practice ammo costs going to be any factor in the decision
- purchase cost - there are a lot of choices out there, some are very good values, some are very costly. be sure to establish a budget then research option thoruoughly within that price point.
It will end up as a ccw, so she has decided on the sub compact. She is already familiar with the xd platform as she has fired my xd. 45 many times. Practice ammo shouldn't be a problem, and the price of the weapon it self isn't bad. Thanks for the input.