Gift for Husband - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gift for Husband

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks guys, I asked his hunting buddy to bring up guns to see if there is something he has been eyeing. If that doesn't work, I think I'll go with a gift card. Thanks for the advice!

Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

+1 on the 1911. He likes guns, and owns some handguns and you mention the word "collection". I don't take that to mean that he is a collector, but that sounds to me like he owns a gun or two that he just likes and likes to shoot on occasion.

If I were in your place and wanted to really come out of the blue and surprise him, I'd get him a Colt 1911. It's really an American icon that almost any gun enthusiast would be delighted to receive as a gift.

Also, custom grips can be had/made for very reasonable prices from a variety of materials. A real personalized set of custom grips that mean something special to him or to you both would be a nice touch.

Best of luck

Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #13

Unless you are much more "in tune" with your hubby than by wife is with me, just get him a gift card.
Try to find a shop in your area which offers a good band for your buck.

If you can be sure you are buying him a gun he will really like, go for it! Otherwise allow him to pick it for himself. For dudes, this is a personal decision.

Good for you for trying to get hubby something he will love!

"My thinker must be broken"

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #14

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Ruger Super redhawk or blackhawk in .44mag would be cool .

Colt Dan wesson or Ruger .357 mag are fun too

Smith and wesson makes i think a 8 shot .22 magnum which is pretty awesome

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
No 1911
No man or woman's collection is complete without a 1911 .

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 139

+2 on the 1911 !!!!!

Live free or die

Old 11-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #17

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Axxe is right on target with this one. I can tell you what I would love to have but your husband might hate my choice. Talk to his close friends about what he wants in a gun, they should be excited about helping you find out what your husband really likes or wants. A shopping spree at the gun store is another excellent idea, I used this idea to find out what my wife wanted and to purchase my her gun last year. A gift certificate is another option that should be well received as this lets him make the final choice.

You deserve a atta girl for being so thoughtful in this area, and please tell all your girlfriends about this excellent idea for a present for their boyfriends or husbands. Ladies this is a sure way to please your guys, my wife ordered several Wilson Combat mags for my 1911 after talking to her dad to get ideas for my birthday.

My daughter and my FIL and myself went to the gun range this weekend to teach her how to shoot and handle several different guns properly, when she made the statement that she would really like one of these, a S&W M&P 9 or a Colt Commander .45. She shot both very well and managed the recoil with the .45 like a champ. The FIL had one on layaway before we left the range.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #18

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie View Post
I'm considering getting my husband a new gun for Christmas. I don't know much about guns but I know he is wanting to broaden the variety of his collection.

To give you an idea of his likes, he has a shotgun and rifle, and a few handguns, including a Sig Sauer P229, Springfield XDM, and Beretta something (it's a 9mm, but I'm not sure of the model)

One thing he does not have is a revolver, but when we browse guns at stores, he does mention it would be a fun gun to have.

Also, he is active duty military, so I thought it might be cool to get him something with military history, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Don't know how much you want to spend but a M1873 Colt Army single action revolver would be a nice addition for any one, but they will run you about $1500ish and up.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2841 Times on 1411 Posts
Likes Given: 294

When I think of revolvers with a miltary history, I think of something like this:

Product: Model 22, Model of 1917 - S&W Classics

As mentioned before, I would use whatever means available to get a better feel for what he's looking for. You don't mention a budget.
FWIW, My wife has bought be two 1911's. They were both extremely well chosen with help from one of the guys at the local gun shop who knows me. Suffice it to say that a nice 1911 will never be a disappointment.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #20

Liked 2505 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

This is a great opportunity to take your

husband to breakfast or lunch during

the holiday season at a

cozy restaurant, and give him a gift certificate

then and there. Then take him to the store.

IMO, it would be a special day for you both,

because of the time you spent together...