Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gf's little Sister's BDAY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

All of the information i posted is supplied by the government and deduced after extensive studies on balistic gelatin. Which is designed to simulate human flesh. If you looked at the sources i supplied you would see that the permanant cavity left by a .45 is significantly larger than one left by a 9mm. what this means is you are far more likely to damage organs with a .45 than a 9mm. As for knowing what you will do under fire, that is what training is for. I have been downrange on a "1 way range" before so i know how i will react. i had a gun but couldnt see the target so i said duck.. and ducked. my friends didnt and were peppered with shot. The sound of bullets coming through the air is very... distinct.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:20 AM   #62

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
All of the information i posted is supplied by the government and deduced after extensive studies on balistic gelatin. Which is designed to simulate human flesh. If you looked at the sources i supplied you would see that the permanant cavity left by a .45 is significantly larger than one left by a 9mm. what this means is you are far more likely to damage organs with a .45 than a 9mm. As for knowing what you will do under fire, that is what training is for. I have been downrange on a "1 way range" before so i know how i will react. i had a gun but couldnt see the target so i said duck.. and ducked. my friends didnt and were peppered with shot. The sound of bullets coming through the air is very... distinct.
I believe there is little doubt of the effectiveness of the .45 over the 9mm, at least from most people.

I only recently started liking .45's, before that I was a 9mm guy, then a .40 guy. I still like to shoot 9mm's and don't own a .40 anymore, but for self defense the first gun I would grab would be a .45acp.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #63

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Oh, don't take what im saying the wrong way. I am not trying to bash 9mm. As a matter of fact the only pistol i own at the moment is a 9mm. But i will not stand by whilst people basicly lie/make stuff up about the .45. And also just for reference to the people saying the 9mm is a better combat round. I assume atleast some of the fame the 9mm recieves has come from the fact that the us military and many us government agencies went from the .45 to the 9mm. The reason they did this is because of "equal rights" movements. They discovered the .45 was a little to much for a woman to handle and the activists complained until the government went to a smaller round, not because its better but because it has less recoil. Also a side note, during vietnam when the military went on a "smaller bullets are better" stance they had an issue with nva and vc being hit multiple times with 9mm rounds and not stopping or even slowing down, granted the military uses fmj's in all small arms in accordance with the geneva convention. Food for thought.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #64

Liked 448 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

So, I have her looking at an LCR. We are gonna go shoot it this weekend hopefully

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.wfo4life.com

Old 03-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #65

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Looks like a good pistol, although the weight seems like it may produce alot of recoil. Idk if anyone has already said this but have you looked at the lady smith line? they are about the same size but weigh around 8 ounces more so the recoil would be alot less. Just a suggestion.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #66

i posted my love for this gun before, but ill do it again.

im absolutly in love with the Beretta PX4 Storm. i have the 9mm (already had a Sig p229 in .40 and a Taurus Judge, so thought now i need a 9mm), but also come in .40 and .45 flavors. For her id say the 9mm for the recoil, but a .40 prolly wouldnt be too bad either. the Storm just feels so good in the hand too, i have paws for hands, so big wide palm but stubby fingers..... also my sister doesnt shoot much if at all really, but will always hold a gun, and then usually say "no i dont like it, it doesnt feel right....". so i made her hold the Storm and instantly held it up and said "Oooooooohhh... this i like!" she still didnt shoot it, but she said thats one she definatly wants to try out.

tho, its probably not the most compact concealable weapon out there, so that may rule it out, and being a $600 piece might be a bit outta her range..... but it is a wonderful weapon i think, and worth atleast a look at.