Gf's little Sister's BDAY - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gf's little Sister's BDAY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
blah blah blah blah blah. I'm gonna ramble on for a while about NOTHING to do with MoHawk's post... Blah blah blah
DUDE! Be a fanboy somewhere else. Did you even read the original post? You talking ballistics and arguing about how God himself invented Glock does not help me find Kim a gun that would be right for her. So beat it

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 03-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
DUDE! Be a fanboy somewhere else. Did you even read the original post? You talking ballistics and arguing about how God himself invented Glock does not help me find Kim a gun that would be right for her. So beat it
i'm making a case for high-capacity, striker-fired autos. I've brought up glock, but my arguments have been made in a way that easily allows for a vast number of different weapons, not just glock.

its been my contention that the glock 26 with grip extensions might be a good option, as per your OP. that was challenged, so i've countered. politely, calmly, and had a good time doing so.

whats the problem?

Old 03-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #53

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

A good commander size 1911 makes a good carry piece. I wanted to get one for my daughter but she didn't feel the love and it made me very sad. But she did like the Sig 229. So I got her one of those. I'm still trying to get her to feel the love of the 1911. But in the mean time it's really hard to go wrong with a Sig Sauer. As "modern combat" pistols go I think it's one of the best out there. She picked up a couple Glocks but put them down pretty quick. She ticked off the counter guy and made me roll when she said she said "plastic guns feel like toys kids play with". She's a pretty small girl (5'2" 105#) but didn't have any trouble with a smaller .40. And she's scary accurate with it at 25 yards and does pretty dang well at 50 yds.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #54

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
MoHawk, for reliability, you can't beat a good revolver.
I will agree with that...I decent 38 or 357 snubby make for a good self defense weapon.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #55

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Tell you what Buckwheat, we all know you think a G26 is the best gun for everything - now give it a rest please...

Old 03-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #56

you bet. sorry about the ruckus... wasn't trying to be a douche. have fun, guys.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #57

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mohawk-regardless of the "facts" presented by a questionable source (buckwheat), a Ruger LCR would be an excellent 1st handgun for her. It has a GREAT trigger for a DAO revolver, is extremely simple to operate, and is ergonomically correct for smallish to medium hands. The long trigger pull would be an advantage in preventing negligent discharges. You don't need umpteen rounds IF you're trained properly and at close range. With a revolver she don't have to worry about having sufficient hand strength to rack the slide. Too many people overlook this. Just because she can pull the trigger on a small auto don't mean she can load/unload/clean it. She won't have to worry about malfunctions from limp wristing it. Also she don't have to wonder/worry is the magazine in it? Is the magazine loaded? Is 1 in the pipe? I advised RSG on the LCR and she loves it. I honestly believe she (the girl in question) will too.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #58
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Mohawk-regardless of the "facts" presented by a questionable source (buckwheat), a Ruger LCR would be an excellent 1st handgun for her. It has a GREAT trigger for a DAO revolver, is extremely simple to operate, and is ergonomically correct for smallish to medium hands. The long trigger pull would be an advantage in preventing negligent discharges. You don't need umpteen rounds IF you're trained properly and at close range. With a revolver she don't have to worry about having sufficient hand strength to rack the slide. Too many people overlook this. Just because she can pull the trigger on a small auto don't mean she can load/unload/clean it. She won't have to worry about malfunctions from limp wristing it. Also she don't have to wonder/worry is the magazine in it? Is the magazine loaded? Is 1 in the pipe? I advised RSG on the LCR and she loves it. I honestly believe she (the girl in question) will too.

If you listen to any advice, there it is.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #59

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

The Bear is wise...

Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #60

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Mohawk- I advised RSG on the LCR and she loves it. I honestly believe she (the girl in question) will too.
That is correct Mohawk. He told me to go try one out and everything it is a wonderful first time gun. And my honest opinion I will ask Bear about my next gun I decide to purchase too!!! He knows what he is talkin about!!!

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered