Getting tired of...........
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Getting tired of...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Getting tired of...........

I'm getting tired of packing 2 guns for concealed carry. I'm thinking of replacing my LCP .380 and 1 of my small .45s with the Kahr MK40/PM40. That way I can get by with just 1 gun (and extra mag) in my pocket/s. It's not much larger than my LCP. I just don't feel confident the .380 will get the job done, especially if I've already went through my .45. And honestly, sometimes I just pack the LCP by itself for convenience, especially in the summer. Yes I'm fully aware that a .40 in that small & light of a package WILL kick. What say yall? Tell me what's wrong with my thinking.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I owned a PM40 for a short time. It was accurate and reliable - but not a gun you'd love to practice with. The MK, being all steel, would be less brutal but certainly much heavier...

Old 01-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5668 Times on 2960 Posts
Likes Given: 375

i think it depends on how confident you are with your 380.

i shoot my little thunder plus from bersa a lot and ive gotten quite good with it. its a fast little bugger with very little muzzle flip. its a natural pointer and im very confident getting center of mass hits.

another favorite is my colt new agent.

im not a 40sw fan. it doesnt really offer much for the negatives. 9mm 380 38spl i feel are better choices if your not carrying a 45. 380 lets me pack a small pistol with a controllable round.

ultimately your the one gonna be humping it around and using it. i would suggest begging or borrowing someone's pocket rocket in 40 to try for yourself before you settle on that.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If someone would make a 9mm or 40 in the LCP size I would be all over it so you and I are on the same page. I love my Kimber but sometimes wish I could pocket carry for ease.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'm getting tired of packing 2 guns for concealed carry. I'm thinking of replacing my LCP .380 and 1 of my small .45s with the Kahr MK40/PM40. That way I can get by with just 1 gun (and extra mag) in my pocket/s. It's not much larger than my LCP. I just don't feel confident the .380 will get the job done, especially if I've already went through my .45. And honestly, sometimes I just pack the LCP by itself for convenience, especially in the summer. Yes I'm fully aware that a .40 in that small & light of a package WILL kick. What say yall? Tell me what's wrong with my thinking.

Nothing at all wrong with that thinking imo. I pack an xd40sc. It does have some snappy recoil, but it's managable with the pierce extension. I carry it and an extra mag,that's it. That's more than I'll ever need. I have carried two guns before, but before you know it that won't be enough either.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Spitty check the dimensions of the PM40 compared to the LCP that I currently have. You'll see why I'm seriously thinking about switching to 1 gun. Yes I realize the recoil will be brutal, but it'll be worth it.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 01-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #7

Default Kahr .40

stalkingbear: Sir, my shooting partner has the .40 stainless one. My first time shooting it; I thought my thumb to be broken. All my fault. Sloppy handling.
I shoot single action 300 grain, types, I know better than to half do anything.

After that session; I have shot it lots; and enjoy it lots. I have carried the firearm all day in my front trouser pocket.
one of my daily carries; LCP, that I'm fond of, I made a comparison to the Kahr. for me; the Kahr carried very well. .

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I don't mean to hurt anyones feelings but I think it is totally unnecessary to carry two guns for self defense at any time. Are you that insecure about your safety? How many times during your lifetime do you think you will have to draw your gun to defend yourself from grave harm? I carried a G 19 as my duty weapon for 13 years and almost never had the need for a back up gun except for maybe 2 times when doing a special duty detail. Do you know what the odds are of you getting into a tactical shootout where you might need a back up gun to save your life? I think some people get carried away with their carry guns and method of carry. No offense, just my opinion.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Take a good look at the Walther PPS in .40 if you want a .40. It does fit in a few pockets. It is light to carry on the belt or iwb and easily concealed. It is a little snappy but if my 68 yearold hands can handle it, I am sure you could. The gun is accurate, light, easy to carry and conceal, fun to shoot, and a very good weapon. I also have it in 9mm for a lot of range time but the .40 is very manageable.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Bear IMHO a 9mm would be a better choice if you are looking to pack more rounds in one pistol and still have good shot placement. I carried a full size FNP-40 for awhile for the extra rounds and it was fine, The only sub I have is a G27 and it is easy to carry but lacks in shot placement. Might be the pistol or me but it wasn't for me. It's a tough delima, for me the answer was the S&W M&P 45, it added three rounds in about the same size package as a 1911. Summer carry is still something I have been working on and best I have is a sig P230 for shorts and tee shirt carry in the pocket. Thought a lot about a Rugger LCR or a S&W airweight, just haven't made that leap yet.

If you find what works for you I would be happy to hear about it as I keep looking myself.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.