Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Getting my first handgun tomorrow!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Getting my first handgun tomorrow!

Haven't been on here much as I've been waiting to get everything in order for my first gun purchase.

Tomorrow night I'll be the owner of a Ruger .22 slabside. Got in to work this morning and one of the guys I work with gave me my keys to the gunclub as I'm now the newest member. Can't wait to get started in the world of guns and shooting. (was looking for a new hobby and this really interested me).

Also going to purchase a 12 guage and a 30/30 in the next few months so I can work on all sorts of different skills at the range.

Just excited and wanted to "type it outloud"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Congrats!!

Old 07-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Congratulations on your newest purchase!

Regarding purchasing a 30-30, I STRONGLY recommend either the Winchester 94 or the Marlin 336. You're going to love a 30-30 lever action. There's nothing that compares (other than a good ol' revolver) to the feeling you get with a lever action .

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations! But one word of caution, shooting is addictive.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taihawk View Post
Haven't been on here much as I've been waiting to get everything in order for my first gun purchase.

Tomorrow night I'll be the owner of a Ruger .22 slabside. Got in to work this morning and one of the guys I work with gave me my keys to the gunclub as I'm now the newest member. Can't wait to get started in the world of guns and shooting. (was looking for a new hobby and this really interested me).

Also going to purchase a 12 guage and a 30/30 in the next few months so I can work on all sorts of different skills at the range.

Just excited and wanted to "type it outloud"
Congrats!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Congrats! .22 is a good pistol to start with as expressed it is addictive

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1809 Times on 928 Posts
Likes Given: 974

Congrats on the new Ruger! They are nice pistols. I am a Marlin 336 fan but do not rule out the Henry Rifles. They are very nice and made in the USA.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Congratulations! But one word of caution, shooting is addictive.
BS! Crack is addictive. Shooting is much worse...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005