Getting CCW and have handgun question - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Getting CCW and have handgun question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions. The CCI mini mags she fired at the range were indeed Hallow Point's. I picked up several different types od round nose to try and see if they shoot well. From scanning the Internet, it seems the PT22 dislikes hallow points.

On a different note, I absolutely love my .40 Cal. What HD round is best for it?

Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Is a .22 even an option for qualifying? If so cool here. the caliber here must be a .32 or larger. Just a question

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 02-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Yes, she passed the class using the .22

Any handgun is allowed as far as I know.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #24

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Beretta DEFINITELY makes a tip-up loading gun. I also know they chamber them in 380 Auto. Stop by the Beretta forum, they will point you to the exact ones.

Interestingly enough, my wife has the same issue with skimobiles. She can't, (refuses?) to pull the recoil starter. Now, if she want's to, she can take you down, she's not a wimp. Maybe there's a specific set of "guy muscles" that allow you to do these kinds of things that women just don't exercise? So, we will be getting her an electric start sled.
I think women just want to act like they need a man. I know my wife can live without me, all my time overseas and then working on pipelines....

But as soon as I came home, I'd have to start opening jars and crap...

Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #25
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecasejr View Post
On a different note, I absolutely love my .40 Cal. What HD round is best for it?
Best probably is a rather misused term when referring to guns and ammo. There is definitely better, but best is impossible to define.

That said, I keep Hornady Critical Defense in my XDm 40.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

That said, I keep Hornady Critical Defense in my XDm 40.
same here.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #27

Great that u both get a conceal together...like u I'm lucky to find my wife who grew up loving guns. if it were up to her she would carry my 12 ga. For her upcoming birthday she has a choice between a Tiffany necklace or getting her carry durakoted another color. She went with accessorizing her gun...too bad in pink (if the perp doesnt die from her shot, they would die of laughter). At first she wanted to carry a 22 since she used to compete with it. I expressed I wasn't comfortable with here using that because she is great in a controlled, gun range situation, but in everyday, I wanted her to carry the minimum our police department uses which is the 9mm (in our community). She decided on a Glock 19 9mm after renting and trying out several guns and caliber. Breaking in the pistol was a little tough for her but she soon adapted to the gun. She holds the gun close to her (barrel down range of course) then pushes the hand holding onto the grip due to more surface area and her entire arm pushing forward to rack the slide. Now she can do it "normal."she tried the baby Glock but didn't like the fact that not all of her fingers ar on the grip. Now she carries in her purse, iwb with a holster, or around her ankle depending on her attire.