Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Getting The best value for your money- wanna play?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default sig sauer sp 2022

Two weeks ago i bought a sig sauer sp 2022 for $399 at academy.

Nice shooter.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmgun View Post
Some good suggestions so far, but the average gun shopper will be very hard pressed to find a CZ75B NIB for $400. I would buy a half dozen if I could get them for that price.

The Ruger SR9 would be a good deal at $399, but in my neck of the woods, they go for around $429 +.

My choice would be the Stoeger/Beretta Cougar 8000, either the full sized or the new soon to be released Cougar Compact. They sell NIB at my LGS (Tanners) for $369. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better designed/built handgun for under $400.

If fact, after doing the research my next purchase will be the Compact. (hopefully to be released with the next couple of months)

Stoeger Cougar Double-Action, Auto-Loading Pistol
+1 Thats where and how much I paid for mine.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #23

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

American Tactical Imports- FX45 GI $399.85

FX45 GI .45acp Pistol

fx45.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 03-31-2011, 03:41 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ruger SR40. Got mine NIB for $389.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 AM   #25

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmgun View Post
There's a lot of 1st time gun buyers out there that prefer to buy new. They don't have a ton of disposable cash & they want their 1st handgun to be new, with a warranty. Call it peace of mind or whatever.

When I was in the market for my 1st handgun I didn't know how to tear down or check to see if a used gun was a good deal or not. Since I only had $400 MAX to spend I wanted a good reliable well built NEW with warranty handgun.

Now that I have a few years of gun ownership under my belt, I feel much more comfortable buying a used gun. I've learned by maintaining by NIB handgun what to look for.
I think this sounds perfectly reasonable. If a person doesn't have any gun friends to show them the way, buying new would seem like the only option to most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I think you expressed well why people need to do there homework and get hands on with many pistols before they buy. Focus on only new truly limits the buyer from many quality pistols. Most quality gun manufactures warranty there pistols for life if there is a manufacture defect.

I'm with NIB and even more when it comes to a new gun owner. Take the time to learn about firearms before you buy, shoot a lot of pistols and you will find a high quality used pistol that exceeds your expectations on an limited budget.
The area I live in doesn't even have a range with an attendant, let alone a range that rents guns to try out. You're looking at probably a 250 mile drive to get to the nearest place that might have a rental range. So again, without "gun" friends, where does a new person go?

My vote: Ruger P-series or RIA 1911.

Last edited by russ; 03-31-2011 at 05:47 AM.