To get a CCW or not
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > To get a CCW or not

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Commocarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lufkin,Texas
Posts: 159
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default To get a CCW or not

Just a question.

The laws in my state are by no means restrictive, so I can carry and use a handgun in/from my vehicle.

I honestly don't really want or need to carry in my everyday life. The only time I have my handgun, and my rifles for that matter, in my vehicle is transporting them to the range, etc. and back.

Would I be better off with a CCW if I was ever stopped by L.E. ? Or would it just put me on another secret government list I don't really want to be on?

Thanks

__________________
Commocarl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 07-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
elfmdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Default

Get one before it's to late.

__________________
elfmdl is offline  
drvsafe Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,882
Liked 7101 Times on 4274 Posts
Likes Given: 8608

Default

I agree. Get one even if you never use it. You just may want to some day.

__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commocarl View Post
Just a question.

The laws in my state are by no means restrictive, so I can carry and use a handgun in/from my vehicle.

I honestly don't really want or need to carry in my everyday life. The only time I have my handgun, and my rifles for that matter, in my vehicle is transporting them to the range, etc. and back.

Would I be better off with a CCW if I was ever stopped by L.E. ? Or would it just put me on another secret government list I don't really want to be on?

Thanks
Well, there will be many different opinons for sure-----
But I'm just North of Lufkin & for the reasons you stated I feel no need for a CCL - ( I'm on enuff lists ) If you are legal to buy one in Texas you can carry to & from this & that & in your truck- Enuff for me
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kycol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,402
Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Default

I got mine when they were first offered in ky, and the reason was. I was hoping that other states would follow and would have reciprocal agreements. And most do now. When I am traveling in unfamiliar surroundings is when I want one with me the most.

__________________
kycol is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Commocarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lufkin,Texas
Posts: 159
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Well, there will be many different opinons for sure-----
But I'm just North of Lufkin & for the reasons you stated I feel no need for a CCL - ( I'm on enuff lists ) If you are legal to buy one in Texas you can carry to & from this & that & in your truck- Enuff for me
Thanks Hoss for keeping me on the fence, and the voice of reason is appreciated.
__________________
Commocarl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

The world is a ****ty place to live nowadays. No matter where you live, there will always be those who may do you harm. You may get lucky, and never run into someone like that, or you may be unlucky and be put to rest.
A CCW could change that outcome. Think of it as insurance that you buy one time, and never have to pay for again. All you have to do it practice with it every once in a while, and carry it. You may never need to use it, but you will thank God that you had it if you ever do have to use it.

__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 07-06-2012 at 11:14 PM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commocarl View Post
Thanks Hoss for keeping me on the fence, and the voice of reason is appreciated.
Most welcome -
You use the range in Huntington ?
I shoot in my backyard, live out 'tween Redland & Pollock-
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Commocarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lufkin,Texas
Posts: 159
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Most welcome -
You use the range in Huntington ?
I shoot in my backyard, live out 'tween Redland & Pollock-
I have been curious about that place but have never been. I have a private one I can go to in Hudson.

I have my house paid off now, once I get the truck finished I am look at buying some land in the county, The city rules are kinda terrible.
__________________

Last edited by Commocarl; 07-06-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Commocarl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commocarl View Post
I have been curious about that place but have never been. I have a private one I can go to in Hudson.
Never been there myself-
Here the targets are fresh & the beers cold
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads