german luger 9mm - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > german luger 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunRanull
Been there, dun that. IF the ammo you have is in original German packaging, DONT shoot it.. get something else. The ammo alone has value to a collector.
the parabellum can be ammo-finiky. Some US made 9mm is under-powered compared to European. Get a couple of boxes of different stuff- Sellier and Belliot sells the hotter Euro stuff, and maybe some Winchester "white box" 9mm.
It would be interesting to hear the markings on the pistol and what if anything came with it.. holster, takedown tool, cleaning rod, "capture papers".. etc. The markings would tell where and when it was made. A holster might have unit markings. Im guessing it is in possession of your Mother. One consideration may be is it registered? Or one of Michigan's "unpapered" pistols? An understanding Chief LEO might paper it or might confiscate it. Moving it to a state like Colo or Florida would make papering unnecessary. That's one big reason I left Michigan many years ago.. too many onerous laws.
Best wishes and I hope you have many years to enjoy it!
The ammo isn't german surplus. Two brown boxes the say "64 cartridges of 9mm parabellum" and the other is just a really old box of remington 9mm. I assume they are good to go so I'm gonna shoot it. They all look fine. Most are still shiny

Old 11-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #22

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz47 View Post
The ammo isn't german surplus. Two brown boxes the say "64 cartridges of 9mm parabellum" and the other is just a really old box of remington 9mm. I assume they are good to go so I'm gonna shoot it. They all look fine. Most are still shiny
Range report, more pics, and a video if possible please!! You know we all live vicariously through others here!

Old 11-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #23

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Range report, more pics, and a video if possible please!! You know we all live vicariously through others here!
Yar- har-har!

That's so wrong! True, but wrong...