Gen 4 G22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Gen 4 G22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gen 4 G22

I'm very much diggin' what i've seen online abt this beauty (G22) what are the pros and cons? Is this a good daily carry for a 6'2 185lb guy??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For me, the main pro about a Glock is that it will go bang every single time you need it to. The con about something the size of a G22 would be its width. I currently carry a G21. The length and weight don't bother me but because it's so wide, if I wear the wrong shirt, the bottom of the mag will print a little bit, tho not enough to matter and I'm about 5'11, 275lbs.

Also, I understand that a lot of people would say that a .40 is a good mid point between a .45 and a 9mm. But imo, if i'm gonna buy something that big, I'm just gonna grab a .45 as I'm not really a big fan of the muzzle flip on a .40.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 36

If you like the size and feel of a Glock frame and you like the 40sw round, then yes...a G22 will be a pretty great gun for you.

Whether it fits for carry is entirely up to how far you're willing to go to conceal it. I'm a similar size and wouldn't consider anything bigger than a G19/23 for a carry if I wanted a Glock.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #4

Default Glock 22

Dwood85: Sir, I carry G-22; I'm not as tall; and a little heavier. It carries well.
I too from time to time carry G-17; Same everything but calibre

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Well my friend I'm curious why the .40 cal. I carry a G27 (.40) and G30 (.45) during winter. IMO the 22 is cumbersome unless you are one for wearing vests and button ups all the time. (I am 6'2" 255 muscular) I'd highly recommend looking at the G23. You only give up 2 rounds but it conceals MUCH better. Also be sure you want the .40, I don't like it but in the size of the sub-compact I picked it over the 9mm.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...