funnel mag/ quick reloading

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > funnel mag/ quick reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default funnel mag/ quick reloading

which guns in your experience have had the easiest mags to insert therby allowing the fastest reload times? i thought a couple of those glocks i fondled at the gunstore had some pretty smooth operation with that and the xdm i have is pretty decent i can load a mag in pretty quick, that was one thing i didnt like about this one 1911 i looked at was you kind of need to be more careful and precise when inserting the magazine it would take more practice to get really fast with it.

so which handguns are best for fast reloads?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Good question and you already mentioned a couple, another would be the Smith family of M&P's. All have quick mag insert and release, besides their realizability and accuracy and are used by many tactical shooting competitors for that same exact reason, including myself. That's just MHO though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #3

HKS Products, Inc. makes magazine speed loaders.

Kahr mags insert easily.
+1 on the M&P series as being easy loaders.
Sig's mags insert relatively easy.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:27 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm truly happy with the ease of loading mags in my S&W M&P's, easy to do with out taking my eye off the target/threat. The Ruger P series is almost as good. Glocks seem to always need that extra hard tap to set the mag. The 1911's is the perfect pistol but needs attention when changing mags. I know there are 1911 guys that can do this as fast but they are what the rest of us auto loaders aspire to be.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That is really what dry practice is for, not only for target acquisition, but also for speed mag changes, all part of getting to know your weapon.

Layton

Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
That is really what dry practice is for, not only for target acquisition, but also for speed mag changes, all part of getting to know your weapon.

Layton
Good point Layton,
Practice, practice and then practice more. What do you carry or shoot often?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Good point Layton,
Practice, practice and then practice more. What do you carry or shoot often?
I have a 4 and a 3 inch Springfield Armory ACP 45, and I keep 4/5 thousand rounds in stock for practice. I dont really practiced rapid fire, just draw and double tap, then slow directed shots, try to place where I want on target, the main object is to put the rounds where you want them to go.

Layton

Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2717 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Any double stack pistol will be easier to reload than a single stack because you are inserting a tapered mag into a wide mag well. WTS, The STI's (especially with a mag funnel) are really fast.

With practice you may find you are waiting for the empty mag to fall while trying to insert the fresh one. A weighed base plate (Dawson) will help the empty mag to fall out faster.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball