Frustrated with LGS - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Frustrated with LGS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #11
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8768 Times on 4726 Posts
Likes Given: 18571

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

That would be some comic irony right there!
You are freaking hilarious. You wouldn't happen to have been separated from a twin named Lemongello McCool would you?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #12

Liked 85 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post

Lmfao. Sure would. The attitude and question of honesty sounded waaay too familiar. Alas it is not the case this time. Lol
Must be a thing where every area has one.Maybe they're related.o_O

Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7322 Times on 4051 Posts
Likes Given: 7103

There are far too many LGS guys like him.

I was watching a LGS owner one day tell a customer that his MK5 Weatherby was a POS because it was made after WW2. He actually told the customer that all of the quality Weatherbys were pre WW2.

I don't deal with bullsh!t artists, so with one exception, I try to not patronize LGS.

Wal-Mart, or online.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You wouldn't happen to have been separated from a twin named Lemongello McCool would you?
One day i will have a yellow labrador, and his name will be Lemongello.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #15

Likes Given: 1

Why not sell on Armslist, directly to buyer? Tradeins are a loosing game anyway.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I'd almost never trade anything in. I know the guys, they said they look up the price, get an average and subtract about 35% to make an offer. They offered me $150 for a Ruger Mark III 22/45 stainless model that I turned around and sold on Armslist for $350. (and that was back in September)

Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #17

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 19

There was one LGS that I used to LOVE but they since closed down. :-( guy there told me once that they won't buy something unless they know they can flip it for double what they paid.

On a similar note to the OP, I'm getting frustrated with the ****ing price gouging! I understand raising prices on AR's and such but when the only shops that have ammo are the ones selling it for 1.50 a round that tells you something. I was at one such shop yesterday.

Been in the mindset of an investor. Buy low buy low buy low. Figured everyone is focused on Semi autos and such. I'll pick up some bolt actions and wheel guns because there's not a mad dash for them. Guy had a Ruger SP101 for $899. Ruger has the MSRP for the exact gun at $559. Asked him if the pope owned it before he resigned then walked out. Sick of it.