Front Sight Post Color Preference. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Front Sight Post Color Preference.

View Poll Results: [SIZE="3"]Which color do you prefer as your high visibility and/or night sight?
Green 17 53.13%
Yellow 1 3.13%
Red or Orange 5 15.63%
Other. . . do tell. 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I carry my kimber in my gearslinger bag in the car alot at night. I can glance over and quickly get a grip on it and draw without a problem because of the night sights. I like green sights mostly.

I want those sights they use on HALO.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:25 AM   #32

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
I have never used night sights so as of right now, I have no preference.
I'm wasn't exclusively referring to "night sights", more like combat sights with higher visibility/eye attraction that you may want for faster and accurate (enough. . . ) target acquisition.

While I am incorporating high vis/night sights into select weapons, I'm interested in what every good, experienced member I have come to know here over the last year uses and prefers for their home/personal defense weapons.

The black on black is great for paper punching, but not fast enough for me in no or low light situations. . . Maybe even indoor type light would qualify some of my firearms for the installation of this type of sighting.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #33

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I like the clear ones with those cross-hair thingees. Seeing shiit explode while magnified makes by rocks tickle.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #34

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Diggs,

The Tru-Glow sights that Glass and I use are a fantastic sight and are exceptional for quick pick up. Glass likes the two tones (Green on front sight and Yellow on the back) but I like the Green on Green. Even in broad daylight, and El Paso is pretty bright during the day, the Green Tru-Glow are very quick to pick up.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #35
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I'm wasn't exclusively referring to "night sights", more like combat sights with higher visibility/eye attraction that you may want for faster and accurate (enough. . . ) target acquisition.

While I am incorporating high vis/night sights into select weapons, I'm interested in what every good, experienced member I have come to know here over the last year uses and prefers for their home/personal defense weapons.

The black on black is great for paper punching, but not fast enough for me in no or low light situations. . . Maybe even indoor type light would qualify some of my firearms for the installation of this type of sighting.
I'm not all that experienced. The only sights I have used with any consistency are the GI fixed sights on my 1911.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #36

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
This is kinda pertinent to my imminent purchase...know you've all been talking about nite sights, but can I ask does anyone here use F/O? My choice is rapidly narrowing to the MP Pro (which has a green fibre front) and I'd like to hear opinions if anyone has some.
Zhuk,

Fiber optics are great during the day, they really pop. The ones that I have are fiber optic with tritium, they are equally bright night or day.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #37

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
Zhuk,

Fiber optics are great during the day, they really pop. The ones that I have are fiber optic with tritium, they are equally bright night or day.
The TFO came on my sig, and I concur, they are VERY bright. They don't lose their glow like my ceiling stars either . I've opened the safe after over a week to three clear crisp glowing orbs.
My only complaint is that my fiber has now popped out twice. This last time I lost it and need to call Sig Sauer about a replacement. It was probably a fluke, but made me cry a little.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 09-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #38

Liked 1847 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
I went the cheap and old fashion way. I bought a bottle of white nail polish for $1.99 and it works quite well. I only painted the front site.
I have done that with a couple of guns. I use three white dots myself. It does show up pretty good.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #39

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
Zhuk,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
The TFO came on my sig, and I concur, they are VERY bright. They don't lose their glow like my ceiling stars either . I've opened the safe after over a week to three clear crisp glowing orbs.
My only complaint is that my fiber has now popped out twice. This last time I lost it and need to call Sig Sauer about a replacement. It was probably a fluke, but made me cry a little.

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. Just found out that if the FO front doesn't suit me in the long run, the importer for S&W here also handles Trijicon 3-dots so a swap would be no problem. I think we may have a winner

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 09-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #40

Default Gato here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Gatopardo Thanks that.

I knew you would show up with your glow-on.

Does it only come in Green or can i get other colors?
Howdy there, thanks for the welcome
To answer your question: We are testing blue, I know it sounds like a weird color, but is a good contrast with green, when applied to the rear sights, as soon as we get some pics I'll post.
Truth is green is the color with most luminescence and lasts longer, main reason why most manufacturers will choose green.

On other news, a good friend of us tested the Glow-On over lake Erie, deep water fishing, he called, he says: " Go with the glow"

Another thought:, if we could put the stuff on bullets, we would have safe tracers

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display