Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Free Crimson Trace Batteries for Life (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/free-crimson-trace-batteries-life-55864/)

Gonzilla 01-19-2012 09:20 PM

Free Crimson Trace Batteries for Life

I know, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is but I called them at 800 442-2406 and registered for free batteries. You get one set per year. My new set should arrive by next week.

Please pass the good word on.

I have mixed feelings about CTs most unique feature, handle activation. By gripping the handle, you atutomatically turn the laser on and could give away your position or lose the element of surprise. Difficult not to grip a pistol under stress and since the laser is right under the barrel, you can not block it w your finger safely.

I will have to shoot it a few times and maybe it is just something you need to get used to.

MrWray 01-19-2012 09:41 PM

I have no experience with crimson trace,you said that they will give you one set a year. I know that it depends on frequency of use BUT, generally how long will one set last?

Gonzilla 01-19-2012 10:03 PM

They say over 4 hrs for CT and the others are approx 5. Will one set last you a year ? Probably not, but I'm thinking about keeping one battery for self defense and the free set for the range. Not sure if the laser can be taken off the frame and returned w/o effecting zero.

I like the idea of 4 hours of free practice each year.

MrWray 01-19-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzilla
They say over 4 hrs for CT and the others are approx 5. Will one set last you a year ? Probably not, but I'm thinking about keeping one battery for self defense and the free set for the range. Not sure if the laser can be taken off the frame and returned w/o effecting zero.

I like the idea of 4 hours of free practice each year.

I agree, it wont make that great of a difference in battery cost.. But a free set off batteries is a free set of batteries :-)

Gonzilla 03-11-2012 06:18 PM

To me it is even simpler, this is a concrete or tangible way to appreciate my business.

I like the idea and hope it catches on to other manufacturers as well.

GunRunner 03-12-2012 07:56 AM

4hrs constant use, I'm sure they will last longer than a year but its a sweet offer, I have a set on my 1911 and on my wife's SP2022. They are expensive but they give you a quick target acquisitioning advantage.

gollygee 03-12-2012 07:09 PM

I bought my Kimber with CT grips about 3 years ago. Used them quite a bit with drills at home, then replaced them with other grips for a while. Just recently put the CT grips back on it, still zeroed in & going strong. So I know shelf life is over 3 years & I apparently didn't use 4 hrs worth during that 1st year I had them.

JTJ 03-12-2012 08:26 PM

Their idea is to change the batteries once a year so you dont experience a failure when you need the laser. Good idea with your powered scopes too.

gollygee 03-14-2012 02:54 AM

That is a good idea if you depend on it for defense. I don't. I used mine to practice trigger control, plus 'point & shoot' practice with snap caps at home. Once in a while I use them for fun at the range. But my serious practice is with the iron sights. I also do some live fire point & shoot at the range & still no laser.

losack 03-15-2012 10:12 AM

Crimson Trace now offering a lifetime warranty
FYI