found some guns - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > found some guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 05:59 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloo View Post
what would you guys suggest i do if i were to store it in my safety deposit box?
thanks,
alan
Keep it away from that holster! I'm sure its the cause of the rust.

Do not put it in a ziploc bag, it needs to breath. Get a Bore-Store Pistol Gun Case made from a special fabric that will not retain moisture and has been treated with silicone plus a specially formulated rust inhibitor.

I have one for every gun I store in my safe.

Bore-Store Pistol Gun Case Revolver with 4" Barrel, Large Auto with 5" Barrel Gray - MidwayUSA

Best investment you can make to protect your firearms.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Keep it away from that holster! I'm sure its the cause of the rust.

Do not put it in a ziploc bag, it needs to breath. Get a Bore-Store Pistol Gun Case made from a special fabric that will not retain moisture and has been treated with silicone plus a specially formulated rust inhibitor.

I have one for every gun I store in my safe.

Bore-Store Pistol Gun Case Revolver with 4" Barrel, Large Auto with 5" Barrel Gray - MidwayUSA

Best investment you can make to protect your firearms.
canebrake, that's a good idea. and for the price it's pretty cheap insurance and protection from rust.
thanks for the advise,
alan

Old 08-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #23

In my 50+ years of shooting and gun ownership I have never saw one of those cases.

They are also about the most reasonable priced item in the way of gun accessories I have seen yet.

My question is do they work? I use cloth baby diapers that have been washed after purchase. One diaper to the gun. Place them in a safe with some scilica and never had a problem with rust.

None of my stored guns would ever be kept in a holster. Never had any rust either. Got one never fired gun in a diaper since 1978 and no rust.

I am going to get me some of those cases though.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #24

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
In my 50+ years of shooting and gun ownership I have never saw one of those cases.

They are also about the most reasonable priced item in the way of gun accessories I have seen yet.

My question is do they work? I use cloth baby diapers that have been washed after purchase. One diaper to the gun. Place them in a safe with some scilica and never had a problem with rust.

None of my stored guns would ever be kept in a holster. Never had any rust either. Got one never fired gun in a diaper since 1978 and no rust.

I am going to get me some of those cases though.
I have used them for years. Never had an issue and down here in S FL long term storage can ruin a firearm. I have yet to wear one out. There are a lot of knock-offs out there but Bore Stores are, IMHO the best.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello