Found My Perfect Carry Method - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Found My Perfect Carry Method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

BB's were on the market for many years before I tied one. I think there biggest hinderance to more widespread use is that they have been poorly named and poorly marketed.

Every add I've seen shows the worn up high around the mid section positioning the gun under the armpit.

My epiphany 5 years ago was to wear it low around the hips, positioning the gun exactly were my IWB holster put it.

Belting my jeans around the whole rig with the grip just above my belt line gives easy access the weapon and a tucked or untucked shirt provides ample concealment.

Don't know how you were wearing yours but try this location. Mine is also of the softer material variety and 4" in height.

Good Luck

Tack

I've found that this is far superior to any IWB I've ever worn and never had a problem with comfort.
I've been wearing is last several waking hours. The nylon isn't the problem, it's the Velcro. Think I'll trim the end so no overlapping happens. Ever since I've slimmed down in the gut and bulked in the chest my shirts fit looser in the stomach area, so it's more concealed than before. I've never been fat, but never muscular either, so things just fit normal. But now the sleeves & chest are tight & gut loose and this carry system might work! I'm glad I kept the old failed holsters bin, might try some others again. Lol

Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #42

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

You shouldn't be scratched. The sharp side should over the top and not touching your skin. But if you've got excess, just cut it off. They're not very expensive so you can always get another in a smaller size.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #43

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
You shouldn't be scratched. The sharp side should over the top and not touching your skin. But if you've got excess, just cut it off. They're not very expensive so you can always get another in a smaller size.
Mine the scratchy part covers the soft. And it's actually a back band, meant to be used with fun upside down, but I couldn't carry the so I've been trying it on belly rightside up. Can't use spare mags slots but it works for now.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #44

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

This is more of a joke than a suggestion. Get a P-3AT. It's so ugly no one will want it. I can't recommend a Kel Tec to anyone. I have 2 that run flawlessly but the hassle was way more than anyone should have to endure to own a lightweight pistol.

I would look at a Ruger SP101. The SP101 is dependable, no plastic and affordable. The 357 cartridge offers plenty of stopping power. I am not the OP. I couldn't justify the jump from .380 to 9mm. Both cartridges are not one shot stoppers. The 357 on the other hand is a one shot stopper. If you miss the muzzle blast will scare the hell out of a Navy Seal. I don't like the handle of the SP101 but it does hit where I am pointing it.

Yes, it carries well in a belly band. You can't use a cheapo Velcro belly band. It requires a hook and loop belly band.

Last edited by John_Deer; 12-04-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #45

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Does anybody know of a belly band that has a hard surface covering the trigger area to create an effective trigger guard? I can't seem to find one but perhaps I am looking in the wrong areas.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #46

Most people that I've seen have had something like that sewn into theirs. As for mine, I wear it tight enough that there's now way to engage the trigger through the material.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #47
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3021 Times on 1832 Posts
Likes Given: 2934

Shouldn't be too difficult to attach something stiff enough to block external objects from reaching the trigger guard area. 2-3" square section of leather sewn onto the outside over where your trigger guard would be. Sounds pretty easy.

Find someone with the heavy duty sewing equipment and you're in business. Lots of cowboys (yes, men) sew leather for belts, holsters, tack gear, etc. Shouldn't be hard to find.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2254 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I have found MANY perfect carry methods!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #49

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

Those of you that use a belly band holster, do you have trouble with the Velcro really irritating the skin?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfmdl
Those of you that use a belly band holster, do you have trouble with the Velcro really irritating the skin?
The Velcro on mine never contacts my skin.