Found My Perfect Carry Method - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Found My Perfect Carry Method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #31
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7638 Times on 4590 Posts
Likes Given: 9532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Huh, I looked on their website in January and couldn't find it. And the guy at the gun store said they quit making them when I went in and talked to him. That makes me really happy, not that I have money to buy another gun.... thanks guys
I know when I bought mine it was the last one the store had. I had to buy the floor model. I do think they quit making them but that doesn't mean there might not be some still in stock at some stores.

Buy it.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3580 Times on 1989 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I know when I bought mine it was the last one the store had. I had to buy the floor model. I do think they quit making them but that doesn't mean there might not be some still in stock at some stores.

Buy it.
When I said I didn't have money, I meant I have money to put fuel in my truck til payday and that's it. I really wish I could.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7638 Times on 4590 Posts
Likes Given: 9532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
When I said I didn't have money, I meant I have money to put fuel in my truck til payday and that's it. I really wish I could.
I know the feeling about the money situation. But you got yourself a very nice Sig. I had a hard time deciding on the 9mmor the .380. I decided on the .380 because it was a tad smaller. The Lady model was just the bonus.

You have yourself a very nice gun. You pay much less for ammo to shoot your gun than I do for mine.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #34
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3580 Times on 1989 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I know the feeling about the money situation. But you got yourself a very nice Sig. I had a hard time deciding on the 9mmor the .380. I decided on the .380 because it was a tad smaller. The Lady model was just the bonus.

You have yourself a very nice gun. You pay much less for ammo to shoot your gun than I do for mine.
I know, I'm not really complaining, it's just a fact.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #35

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Guns are a lot more than just tools to me. They are also forms of art, visual and mechanical. They are examples of fine craftsmanship and relics of an era long gone. But I could see with the introduction of polymers and some of the new production guns how someone could think a gun is just a tool. I just hate to see a classic abused.
This made me smile. I completely agree. But still, I wouldn't beat someone over the head with a Van Gogh. Maybe a Rembrandt... ;D

Old 12-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #36

Liked 1076 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 707

+1 for the P938. I just got one, and I love it.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #37

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

I too tried the belly band but couldn't position it to work for me, the nylon cut into my skin to much. 8 have recently started wearing wife beaters again, perhaps I'll dig it out of the failed holsters box and try it again, for my back up piece carry. Hmmmm Thanks for reminding me.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #38

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I think the trick is to get a wide band and get the size right. Mine is 5" wide. I could cinch mine down really tight and it would probably cut into my skin too, but I keep it just tight enough to hold the gun.

They also make bands that have a difference inside material to go against your skin if the elastic is uncomfortable.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 268 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I carry an XDs45 in a belly band daily with an extra mag. Very comfortable and concealable in any attire, including shorts and a t-shirt. I carry my pistol at 6:00 and extra mag at 9:00. That's just what works for me. Probably doesn't make for the fastest draw...but all things considered, I'm okay with that setup.

As for finding the right carry piece, I have both the XDs45 and S&W Shield 9mm. Both have been really outstanding. Were I to prioritize a metal framed subcomp single stack I'd focus my search on the Sig 938, Sig P239, a compact 1911, or maybe a Sig P220 compact. The alloy framed version of the CZ 2075 RAMI is also a pretty great gun, but a bit thicker (double stack).

Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #40

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I too tried the belly band but couldn't position it to work for me, the nylon cut into my skin to much. 8 have recently started wearing wife beaters again, perhaps I'll dig it out of the failed holsters box and try it again, for my back up piece carry. Hmmmm Thanks for reminding me.
BB's were on the market for many years before I tied one. I think there biggest hinderance to more widespread use is that they have been poorly named and poorly marketed.

Every add I've seen shows the worn up high around the mid section positioning the gun under the armpit.

My epiphany 5 years ago was to wear it low around the hips, positioning the gun exactly were my IWB holster put it.

Belting my jeans around the whole rig with the grip just above my belt line gives easy access the weapon and a tucked or untucked shirt provides ample concealment.

Don't know how you were wearing yours but try this location. Mine is also of the softer material variety and 4" in height.

Good Luck

Tack

I've found that this is far superior to any IWB I've ever worn and never had a problem with comfort.