Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Found My Perfect Carry Method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
That was kind of a strange reply. I have a friend that can't understand why I like firearms. I have tried to explain it like you have as being more than just a tool and it's true, some are a form of a craftsmanship art. Art formed out of raw steel and machined by hand. To me poly pistols have about the same warmth as a front wheel drive car that will never be a classic, excluding Cord automobiles of course. I own an XDm 40 but would rather it was a Springfield EMP 40 or TRP 45. I like the Kahr MK40, if I wasn't in the middle of a lot of building projects I'd talk my wife into getting one for CCW as they are far more concealable than my present full size frame firearm.
Yep, my wife's CCW is a Sig P238 Lady model - a beautiful carry piece - her brand new, shiny BMW.

Mine is an XD-40 - my muddy old F-250 4X4.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #22
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3010 Times on 1682 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

Yep, my wife's CCW is a Sig P238 Lady model - a beautiful carry piece - her brand new, shiny BMW.

Mine is an XD-40 - my muddy old F-250 4X4.
She wanna sell me that 238? I'm only kind of joking, I'm really sad Sig discontinued the Lady Model.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1638 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I've been trying for years to find the perfect carry method for me during the week. I have to wear dress clothes for work, thin button-up dress shirts and thin slacks and dress pants. I found it was impossible for me to carry in a tucked in dress shirt and slacks without screaming GUN! And I refuse to dump a lot of money in new dress pants just to go one size bigger to accommodate my gun. I've tried countless IWB tuckable holsters and none of them worked at all.

So last week I took a chance on a generic brand belly band holster and wow what a difference that made! It holds my gun tight to my side and I can wear it at whatever height I want. I have been wearing right above my waist and I can tuck my dress shirts in and not have tight pants with a gun tucked in also. The gun hides perfectly and the best part is there is zero discomfort for me. I've been wearing it every day during the week and never know its there.

Now the part I'm thinking about is that since I've found the right holster for me, I'm feeling like I could step up in gun size from the Sig 238 I've been carrying. Thinking about a single stack 9 of some kind, preferably not polymer. Also thinking about a Det Special. Really looking for something unique. Been trying to get my hands on a Solo, but don't want to pay through the nose for one on GB.

Interested in hearing some recommendations here.
Just remember, there is no such thing as 'perfect' in the real world, only in the mind of the beholder!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
She wanna sell me that 238? I'm only kind of joking, I'm really sad Sig discontinued the Lady Model.
As Mr. Heston was fond of saying, "you'd have to pry it from her cold, dead hands."

I'm surprised to hear Sig has discontinued the Lady model. From what we heard they couldn't make them fast enough. We had to wait about four months to get hers.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #25
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

As Mr. Heston was fond of saying, "you'd have to pry it from her cold, dead hands."

I'm surprised to hear Sig has discontinued the Lady model. From what we heard they couldn't make them fast enough. We had to wait about four months to get hers.
Yep, I was going to buy one about a year ago when I found out they were making the 938 I decided I'd wait. They don't make either of them in the lady model anymore.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4417 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 1357

I'm also surprised.
My wife is very happy with her "Lady's P238", as she thinks she got one of the special edition Lady's versions.

NSDQ

Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango
I'm also surprised.
My wife is very happy with her "Lady's P238", as she thinks she got one of the special edition Lady's versions.
I like this one...

p238-lady-hero-detail.jpg

And I could be wrong but the last time I looked at their site I couldn't it and I haven't seen them in any gun stores lately

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 11-30-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #28

I'm finding the Lady P238 still advertised on Sig Sauer's website:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p238-lady.aspx

Availability, now that's another story.

No Lady model for the P938, though.

Last edited by treehugger49; 11-30-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #29
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4417 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 1357

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
I'm finding the Lady P238 still advertised on Sig Sauer's website:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p238-lady.aspx

Availability, now that's another story.

No Lady model for the P938, though.

Looks like Cabela's has them (at an inflated price).

http://www.cabelas.com/concealed-carry-handguns-sig-sauer-p238-centerfire-pistol.shtml

NSDQ

Old 12-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Huh, I looked on their website in January and couldn't find it. And the guy at the gun store said they quit making them when I went in and talked to him. That makes me really happy, not that I have money to buy another gun.... thanks guys