Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Forgot I had it (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/forgot-i-had-36558/)

NGIB 01-07-2011 05:57 PM

Forgot I had it

I have to digress about 18 months to try to explain this.

Back then we were having regular monthly bowling pin matches and I almost always shot a 5" 1911 in .45 ACP. The ammo crunch was on and in my area .45 was getting as rare as hens teeth. I was wondering what I could use as a suitable sub and thought a 5" gun in .40 might be a decent replacement as ammo was readily available. My local gun store made me a great deal on an XD40 Tactical so I took it home. I keep an Excel worksheet of all the guns I own and for some odd reason I must not have entered this XD.

Before the next match I scored a good stockpile of .45 so the XD was put away (I thought in the safe). Until yesterday I was sure I had sold it/traded it as I know I had never shot it. I store the factory boxes for my guns in a spot in the attic and I was going through them a while back looking for something. I picked up a black Springfield case that felt a bit heavy so I opened it - yup - there was the still new XD Tactical. How it got in the attic with the empty boxes I really have no idea; however, I have moved twice since I bought it.

Morals of this story:

1. I possibly have to many guns since I really don't remember having some of them.

2. I'm possibly senile and will forget my own name very soon.

CA357 01-07-2011 06:03 PM

It must be senility because you can never have too many guns. ;)

Squirrel_Slayer 01-07-2011 06:09 PM

I wish I had the problem of having too many guns. Dag nabbit!

Davyboy 01-07-2011 06:12 PM

Its an age thing I keep walking into rooms and wandering what I came in for.

Glasshartt 01-07-2011 06:26 PM

Since you have too many guns, you must start fostering them out to FTF members who can keep track of them for youl.

amoroque 01-07-2011 06:32 PM

WOW! Just like Christmas all over again!

Too many guns is a good problem to have!

orangello 01-07-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 417119)
I keep an Excel worksheet of all the guns I own and for some odd reason I must not have entered this XD.

Mkay, it's official; you are a TOTAL ACCOUNTANT.
:p

Gojubrian 01-07-2011 07:07 PM

You've inspired me to look through all of my closets and attic in hopes of finding a firearm.

So, what will you do with it now? I could use an xd40 tactical. :cool:

danf_fl 01-07-2011 07:11 PM

Old timer's disease is definitely affecting you. (One possible solution is your SIL moved the boxes for you and did not notice that one was heavier. Yea, that's what it was.) ;)

NGIB 01-07-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 417170)
Old timer's disease is definitely affecting you. (One possible solution is your SIL moved the boxes for you and did not notice that one was heavier. Yea, that's what it was.) ;)

Thanks Dan - that's it!!!