You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

FNP9 vs. XD9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 03:19 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 390 Times on 294 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Never seen it w/o full dress. Sights are set high as are the hopes of suppressor. I rather like the idea of dual sights, RMR has possibilities.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #12

Liked 109 Times on 86 Posts

I personally like the ergonomics of the FN better but they are both solid guns. Are you pressing the gun into a defensive weapon? If so, I would lean toward the Springfield line as the triggers don't break as easily as the FN... This might sound counter intuitive but the idea is to prevent a user from firing before identifying his target. A consistent trigger pull is important in this role too. Imagine someone breaks into your house... Your first shot on the FN is a double action shot... that is... the trigger pull is longer and tougher than a single action... Subsequent shots will be single action. Many people have reported it is easy to squeeze off excess rounds due to this change in a situation where adrenaline is soaring... Could be hard to make a case in court should things come to that when a bad guy leaves your home with 4 holes in him instead of 1 or 2... For plinking and target practice I like the single action... Lower bore axis of the FN is nice too...

Old 06-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 15465 Times on 7689 Posts
Likes Given: 14575

The Xd series are fine guns, no doubt.

But they're certainly not in the same league as FN.

That would be like trying to compare an H&R to a S&W.

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP

Old 06-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #14

Thank you all for your input!
I went with the FNP9. Can't wait to hit the range and try it out after I pick it up.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaddox View Post
Thank you all for your input!
I went with the FNP9. Can't wait to hit the range and try it out after I pick it up.
Looking forward to it. They make a good pistol.