FNP9 vs. XD9

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > FNP9 vs. XD9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FNP9 vs. XD9

I am considering both of these. What feedback and recommendations can I get?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #2

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

All I know about the FN is the grip is a lot thicker. The XDm is a very good gun. Never shot the XD, only the XDm. I used to own one.

spit hell fire

Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #3

They are both good handguns but I would prob go for the XDM over the regular XD if you were gonna go that route, but I do like the FNH too
I've shot the FNHP40 but not the 9mm and really liked the way the 40 shot and was impressed on how good it felt and in the quality of it

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

XD or XDM are both great guns in my opinion. They have the potential to have an amazing trigger since the internals are a true "single action" compared to many other striker fired guns.

I personally have the 45 compact. I like the gun, but its to damn thick for a carry gun for me.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkl-28
They are both good handguns but I would prob go for the XDM over the regular XD if you were gonna go that route, but I do like the FNH too
I've shot the FNHP40 but not the 9mm and really liked the way the 40 shot and was impressed on how good it felt and in the quality of it
I have shot my friend's XDM40 and I liked it. Opting for the 9mm... The FNP and XD are the same price. I like both but think the FN fits my hand a little better. The only thing I am not crazy about on the FNP is the mag release.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 251 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Top of the line FN w RMR sight is quite weapon ! I own an XDM w 4.5" and wish it had the sights of the 5.25" from SA. XDs are good, reliable guns but the platform has been improved w XDM line so unless it's a price you can't refuse, why XD ?

If you go XDM route, make sure you get some snap caps. If I had to do it again, I'd take another look at SW M&P line vs SA 5.25.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
Top of the line FN w RMR sight is quite weapon ! I own an XDM w 4.5" and wish it had the sights of the 5.25" from SA. XDs are good, reliable guns but the platform has been improved w XDM line so unless it's a price you can't refuse, why XD ?

If you go XDM route, make sure you get some snap caps. If I had to do it again, I'd take another look at SW M&P line vs SA 5.25.
I do like the M&P also.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Top of the line FN w RMR sight is quite weapon !.
I was complete unimpressed by the FN .45 tactical. Thing just did not feel right to me at all, and the sights sucked. I realize its meant for super secret squirrel spec ops crap with a suppressor and red dot, but cmon, 99% of users aren't going to be using that stuff.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 251 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Hickock45 had a ball w it. The suppressor took him by surprise as well but it didn't seem to shift point of impact & He shot w/o hearing protection.

I have HK USP so I am comfortable w Lg Polymer frame.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Hickock45 had a ball w it. The suppressor took him by surprise as well but it didn't seem to shift point of impact & He shot w/o hearing protection.

I have HK USP so I am comfortable w Lg Polymer frame.
I don't have an issue with large poly guns, it was just nothing special without the surppressor or red dot.