Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Fnh 5.7x28 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/fnh-5-7x28-52914/)

chewchew 12-02-2011 05:19 PM

Fnh 5.7x28

While enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with my family who are a bunch of gun nuts like myself, the FNH five seven was introduced at the range out back.
I patiently awaited my turn to shot among the FBI,Federal Marshal, Atlanta Swat team and State Trooper that makes up my family.
As expected, nothing but great reviews and gotta have one were the words out of there mouth. Well when I finally got to shoot....well other than being loud, the recoil wasn't bad and the accuracy was very good. It holds 20 round and you get three clips with it.
.........Now I want one but I want the new Colt SP109 7.62X51 NATO with adapter for 5.56X45.
Now I'm not rich so I can only afford one and the FNH is available now and the Colt SP-109 is unavailable.
Most of you on here are gun nuts, so I ask you what you would do...wait on the Colt or buy the FNH five seven.

Alpha1Victor 12-02-2011 08:38 PM

I would wait for the colt. I think it will be a much more enjoyable gun.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

vinnytombs 12-02-2011 09:02 PM

I disagree I own the five seven absolutely love it great to shoot extremely accurate great capacity hard hitting high velocity soft recoil and lightweight is there anything you could add lol it shoots faster than normal pistol cartridges and hits harder than most not to mention there's always a dispute about it being a cop killer or something because of the capacity and it's supposed anti body armor rumor. but besides all that I have many pistols and I shot alot this one is my absolute favorite you can shoot all day with it and remain comfortable I shoot mine at 60 yards and keep it in the kill zone well at least for the most part hahaha hope you get one you won't regret it also check fnhusa.com they usually give 200 free rounds with proof of purchase

chewchew 12-04-2011 10:47 AM

Thanks for you generous input and advise. I decieded to go with the five seven and I've ordered a dark earth with three 20 round clips. When the colt becomes available I'll figure out something. I always do. Thanks for the tip on the free ammo. I'm making some metalic Nancy's, all I have left is her hairdo.

vinnytombs 12-05-2011 02:41 PM

not sure what a metallic nancy is haha but keep me posted about how you like the gun or if you need any info about disassembly and the dark earth one is a great looking gun good taste

chewchew 12-07-2011 01:29 PM

Nancy is all I can say. Freedom of speech in this politically correct world would pose a threat to national security. I can give you a clue though...just think of the dumbest female in the world with the biggest mouth.;)

chewchew 01-17-2012 11:15 PM

FN

I've put 400 rounds through the 5.7 and at 100 yards on a good day, I put 12 of 20 rounds in a Pelosi , and the groups are not that impressive at 100 yards, but at 50 yards very impressive. I have to clean every 60 rounds to achive maximum performance. This gun is amazing for target.

Coach50 01-17-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewchew (Post 645333)
Nancy is all I can say. Freedom of speech in this politically correct world would pose a threat to national security. I can give you a clue though...just think of the dumbest female in the world with the biggest mouth.;)

I know of a few women in the political arena that may fit the "dumbest female in the world with the biggest mouth." However, since you specifically named it Nancy I'm going to have to go with Nancy P.