Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > FN Hi-Power SFS 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default FN Hi-Power SFS 9mm

Does anyone have any experience with this pistol? Found one at my LGS and I've been wanting a hi-power for a while now. The SFS feature is new to me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 472

I think it is an after-market add on:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/SFScustommod.shtml

I had not heard of it before your post.

How much are they asking, take the SFS off if you don't like it if the price is right.

Oh yeah, I do have a Hi Power and a Kareen Hi Power clone. Great single action pistols.

Check out the Hi Power section on here.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

You're right about the SFS being made by Cylinder & Slide. They had 2 FN Hi-Powers, one used (850) and one new (999) and both had the SFS on them. Those prices seem really high to me, just like all the guns around here lately. I was more curious why an aftermarket part by C&S would be on a new pistol.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

I have the SFS system on my 1978 Belgium Highpower.I'm a bit hesitant to carry cocked and locked(I know all the arguments about how safe it is)and the SFS allows me to carry a wonderful pistol in a way I feel completely safe doing so.