Flare gun for shooting birds?! A bearbanger flare?! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Flare gun for shooting birds?! A bearbanger flare?!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 33
Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Why don't you just get the flair gun insert and convert it into a pistal it is really cheap and doesn't have to be registered only $21 for the insert

__________________
dboy007 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy007
Why don't you just get the flair gun insert and convert it into a pistal it is really cheap and doesn't have to be registered only $21 for the insert
Ahem, there is a difference, observe:

Flare gun


Flair gun
image-2019519669.jpg   image-2933707927.jpg  
__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hoovco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over the place
Posts: 665
Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

I leave the forum for a bit and then this is what I come back to. Awesome.

__________________
"Inspirational Quote" - Someone Inspirational
hoovco is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco
I leave the forum for a bit and then this is what I come back to. Awesome.
Welcome back hoovco, I noticed that I never saw you post in awhile.
__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,946
Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy007 View Post
Why don't you just get the flair gun insert and convert it into a pistal it is really cheap and doesn't have to be registered only $21 for the insert
Also unsafe and illegal. Bad advice.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Also unsafe and illegal. Bad advice.
Actually, vikingdad, there is a couple legal inserts for the 26.5mm milsurp flare guns. They come in .22lr and .410/.45lc. I have the .22lr adapter, fun to shoot. It comes with a BATF certification letter, stating combing the adapter with the flare gun makes it a Title 1 firearm. It's perfectly legal. It's definitely not accurate, but it's good for the BOB or somethin.

If you have a 37mm with a 26.5mm adapter, or a CZ BRNO flare rifle, you can get a 12 gauge shotshell adapter, but it must be use in a registered DD (your launcher must be a registered destructive device).
__________________

Last edited by Gizord1; 07-09-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Gizord1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,946
Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Actually, vikingdad, there is a couple legal inserts for the 26.5mm milsurp flare guns. They come in .22lr and .410/.45lc. I have the .22lr adapter, fun to shoot. It comes with a BATF certification letter, stating combing the adapter with the flare gun makes it a Title 1 firearm. It's perfectly legal. It's definitely not accurate, but it's good for the BOB or somethin.

If you have a 37mm with a 26.5mm adapter, or a CZ BRNO flare rifle, you can get a 12 gauge shotshell adapter, but it must be use in a registered DD (your launcher must be a registered destructive device).
I stand corrected. Though I don't think its good advice. I would prefer to have a proper firearm and use it the way it is intended to be used. If I'm going after birds I'll use a shotgun. That might be an M-6 survival gun.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
I leave the forum for a bit and then this is what I come back to. Awesome.
Hoovco, how's it going?

yep a new crop of Awesome!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I stand corrected. Though I don't think its good advice. I would prefer to have a proper firearm and use it the way it is intended to be used. If I'm going after birds I'll use a shotgun. That might be an M-6 survival gun.
Oh yeah, but a cheap gun is better than no gun.
__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hoovco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over the place
Posts: 665
Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Hoovco, how's it going?

yep a new crop of Awesome!
It's going well ... Had to take a little hiatus from FTF for work. I can see things aren't boring, haha.
__________________
"Inspirational Quote" - Someone Inspirational
hoovco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
26.5mm flare gun rounds Gizord1 Other Weapons 0 11-22-2012 09:59 PM
Should I buy a flare gun? TheHunter100 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 12 12-27-2011 11:43 PM
Verey flare guns Helbeluk General Handgun Discussion 8 02-25-2009 07:53 AM
Flare Righteous The Club House 5 01-14-2008 10:21 AM