First-time handgun owners questionnaire.... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > First-time handgun owners questionnaire....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlestick
• What drove you to finally make the jump into purchasing your first gun, and when did you make your purchase?

A: I had always wanted a handgun and finished a job that I hated. Used part of the proceeds to purchase a p220 four years ago.

• How heavy was the recent political/media influence in your decision to buy a pistol?

A: No influence at all.

• Is the primary reason for your handgun purchase for self defense?

A: Nope for the fun of shooting shtuff!

• Do you have a current plan for SAFE storage of your pistol?

A: Yes, I have a firearms safe that holds my now four handguns, shotgun, and two rifles.

• Do you plan to obtain your carry permit?

A: I live in the bay area of CA and my county does not give out carry permits, so no unfortunately.

• Finally....which make and model and caliber did you go with and why?

A: My first was a Sig p220. Wanted a 45 and loved the feel of the pistol in my hand. Wanted a 1911 but liked the ease in which the p220 came disassembled. Since I have bought a CZ 75 single action and a ruger new vaquero in 45 colt. All three of the weapons are a blast to shoot.
Oops not how it came disassembled but how easy it was to disassemble.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Just a generic questionnaire to see how many folks on here are new to the forum....and recently just bought their first pistol? I am interested in a completely neutral, non-biased study to get to know the tone in our current climate surrounding firearms in the USA. There are no wrong answers. I would like to gain a sense of your thought process and WHY you made your recent purchase. Few questions for you all....

• What drove you to finally make the jump into purchasing your first gun, and when did you make your purchase?

• How heavy was the recent political/media influence in your decision to buy a pistol?

• Is the primary reason for your handgun purchase for self defense?

• Do you have a current plan for SAFE storage of your pistol?

• Do you plan to obtain your carry permit?

• Finally....which make and model and caliber did you go with and why?

Thank you in advance. Seems now more than ever, new gun owners are jumping off the fence and making their purchase. **EDITED SOME QUESTIONS AND ifleSHORTENED THE LIST....I AGREE IT WAS A BIT LENGTHY!** This wasnt aimed as a college entry exam, just getting to know our new gun community
My wife wanted to buy some guns, that was about 4 months ago. She was politically motivated in her decision. Home protection and she also wanted a rifle. I make furniture for a living so I created a concealed gun cabinet. We both acquired our carry permits. First purchase: Ruger 77/357 rifle, she loves it!!! I have gone Tactical and we have purchased 50 more weapons. I love them!!! She thinks I am crazy, it was her idea though. (:->

Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #33

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

My first handgun was the day I turned 21.

There was no political influence

The main reason I bought a handgun was self defense.

My pistol stays on me or right next to me. I cannot afford a safe and there are never any children in my dwelling.

I went with an xd 9mm. I found it to be a good compromise of comfort in my hand, price, round capacity reliability, easy to carry, clean etc. if I had more money I'd have gone with a sig p226 but I love my xd. I carry it everywhere I can.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #34

I bought my first gun at 22 at a gun show it was a glock 22 I got an amazing deal and I couldn't pass it up. I have had a long history with fire arms and know that safety is key. I do have a CCP but only because it helps to always be alert. The recent media activity made me go out and buy a maverick 88 shotgun for home defense! THE ONLY REASON WAS... Because I know how companies benefit with raising prices and I needed to take advantage before we have anther 1990s band on what we can get. SCREW POLITICS , SCREW THE A HOLES THAT WANT TO GO CRAZY AND MAKE LIFE HARD FOR US. Never forget the victims of all crazed events but ill be DAMN if some ONE comes to my house and takes my FIRE ARMS!