• What drove you to finally make the jump into purchasing your first gun, and when did you make your purchase?
A: I had always wanted a handgun and finished a job that I hated. Used part of the proceeds to purchase a p220 four years ago.
• How heavy was the recent political/media influence in your decision to buy a pistol?
A: No influence at all.
• Is the primary reason for your handgun purchase for self defense?
A: Nope for the fun of shooting shtuff!
• Do you have a current plan for SAFE storage of your pistol?
A: Yes, I have a firearms safe that holds my now four handguns, shotgun, and two rifles.
• Do you plan to obtain your carry permit?
A: I live in the bay area of CA and my county does not give out carry permits, so no unfortunately.
• Finally....which make and model and caliber did you go with and why?
A: My first was a Sig p220. Wanted a 45 and loved the feel of the pistol in my hand. Wanted a 1911 but liked the ease in which the p220 came disassembled. Since I have bought a CZ 75 single action and a ruger new vaquero in 45 colt. All three of the weapons are a blast to shoot.