Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > First-time handgun owners questionnaire....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

• What drove you to finally make the jump into purchasing your first gun, and when did you make your purchase?

A: Cool factor, suited my need to do something "manly". Novemberish 2011.

• How heavy was the recent political/media influence in your decision to buy a pistol?

A: I started just over a year ago, so none.

• Is the primary reason for your handgun purchase for self defense?

A: Nope, secondary. I didn't start thinking about SD until after I had purchased my second gun.

• Do you have a current plan for SAFE storage of your pistol?

A: Locks on doors, both to house and bedroom, and for those not being employed as an SD piece, lock boxes in the closet.

• Do you plan to obtain your carry permit?

A: Already did.

• Finally....which make and model and caliber did you go with and why?

A: Started 9mm (LC9), went 380 (LCP), back to 9mm (Start Firestar) for winter and now including a 25 for backup (FIE Titan). LC9 & LCP because they were my first, from reputable brand, had great reviews, and looked good. Star because it was 1911 like and I wanted to experience something Spanish as I'd read really great things about their very underrated quality and undervalued price. The Titan because I LOVE pocket rockets!

Youre welcome

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 01-15-2013 at 05:55 PM.
StainlessSteel215 Likes This 
Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Just a generic questionnaire to see how many folks on here are new to the forum....and recently just bought their first pistol? I am interested in a completely neutral, non-biased study to get to know the tone in our current climate surrounding firearms in the USA. There are no wrong answers. I would like to gain a sense of your thought process and WHY you made your recent purchase. Few questions for you all....

• What drove you to finally make the jump into purchasing your first gun, and when did you make your purchase?

A: i turned 21, December of 2011

• How heavy was the recent political/media influence in your decision to buy a pistol?

A: It didn't at all because it wasn't happening yet lol

A: Yes

A: yes, it stays on me, always.

A: filed for my GWCL the day after i bought my gun.

A: north American arms 22 mag black widow. It's cheap enough to get range time with and it fits in my front pocket.

Thank you in advance. Seems now more than ever, new gun owners are jumping off the fence and making their purchase. **EDITED SOME QUESTIONS AND SHORTENED THE LIST....I AGREE IT WAS A BIT LENGTHY!** This wasnt aimed as a college entry exam, just getting to know our new gun community

Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2609 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post

Thank you in advance. Seems now more than ever, new gun owners are jumping off the fence and making their purchase. **EDITED SOME QUESTIONS AND SHORTENED THE LIST....I AGREE IT WAS A BIT LENGTHY!** This wasnt aimed as a college entry exam, just getting to know our new gun community
Why? The wife said no guns in the house after we got married.
No political pressure, but a strong sense of self preservation.
Primary reason was to Pi$$ off wife, then into competition.
Yes, I have a safe, alarms, bells, lights, dogs, no kids, dessicant.
Already have my permit.
What do I carry? A minimum of 2 guns, a folder knife, a swiss army knife. Because I of the way I live, the guns range from 10mm down to .380 ACP. It depends on what I have planned and what I think I will need.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

StainlessSteel215 Likes This 
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #14

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Holy smokes Dan you are strapped from head to toe!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #15

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

What drove you to finally make the jump into purchasing your first gun, and when did you make your purchase?

A: cause my gf at the time thought guns were sexy

.A: nada, none zero

A: Nope, its so I can hold it sideways and throw the bullets.

A: tucked in my pants with the hammer locked safety off and pointed at my manhood isn't safe enough?

A: I got my carry permit right here b#$ches *middle finger*

A: the black one that shoots bullets....duh

(All answers are sarcastic and posted from a gang bangers point of view......except for the why did u buy ur first gun my ex gf really thought guns were sexy)

Old 01-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2609 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1160

At least we can tell tha potentialglock is not prejudice.
"the black one that shoots bullets....duh"

One of my handguns is the colors of my military branch, silver and blue.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

See my answers after each question below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Just a generic questionnaire to see how many folks on here are new to the forum....and recently just bought their first pistol? I am interested in a completely neutral, non-biased study to get to know the tone in our current climate surrounding firearms in the USA. There are no wrong answers. I would like to gain a sense of your thought process and WHY you made your recent purchase. Few questions for you all....

A...Black Friday 2010 I bought a Herritage 22 LR single-action revolver for $99 to learn a bit about handguns in general and also curiosity, I suppose. Never had a handgun before and figured it was about time. In 2011 I picked up a an inexpensive 22 semi-auto rifle. I turned 60 this year and bought a 9 mm Hi-Point C9 as my first "real" gun. I know some would debate whether a C9 is a real gun or not, but--as another post said, "...its black and goes bang"--its what I can afford right now. I just thought of something, I've already spent more on
9 mm ammo than I paid for the C9. Ha!

A...Recent, not much but I did start thinking about it in 2008 when Obummer was coronated.

A...Secondary. Primary is pleasure shooting and firearm education.

A...I have a locking gun safe bolted under the bed and they are trigger locked and in the safe.

A...Yes, soon. 60 and up is half price. <G>

&bull; Finally....which make and model and caliber did you go with and why?

A...See above. I also just bought a PT22 for my wife--it's pink--and it should be here Monday. On my wish list is a Bersa Thunder 380 for my carry gun, once I get my CHL. I guess I'm starting to get the "fever".

Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #18

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

First off, THANK YOU to all of the newer gun owners out there and for those who commented....even if some answers were tongue in cheek. We need to grow this community each and every day and I'm VERY happy all of the fence sitters are finally making the commitment. We need to support and educate each new gun owner out there and bring those who are still on the fence to the range.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215

&bull; What drove you to finally make the jump into purchasing your first gun, and when did you make your purchase?

&bull; How heavy was the recent political/media influence in your decision to buy a pistol?

&bull; Is the primary reason for your handgun purchase for self defense?

&bull; Do you have a current plan for SAFE storage of your pistol?

&bull; Do you plan to obtain your carry permit?

&bull; Finally....which make and model and caliber did you go with and why?

I remember in Boy Scouts learning how to fire a single shot bolt action 22 rifle. Had shot a 357 for fun, once or twice, shot a 22 rifle a few times, but had not felt the need to purchase a firearm until I realized it is more than likely that my own government was quickly becoming the example of secular humanist Marxism very rapidly. Politics was the main reason I purchased. Two additional reasons for purchase, protection of my family, and concealed carry in a downward social spiral that might sneek up on my midwestern Mayberry rose colored glasses.

I have safe storage.

Glock 19 9mm and S and W MP 15/22 in November 2012...maybe more to follow

Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 123 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I was at the LGS and found something i could afford in a .22 semi-auto pistol. and my brother-in-law had just got a gun and i couldn't be left behind

none as my purchase was 2-3 years ago.

not at first, but now i'm looking for something to fill that hole. i trust my .22 pistol, but i would prefer to carry something in a larger caliber.

all of my firearms are safely stored, but i am looking for a safe that will store them properly and keep them safer.

yes, whether its here in hellifornianakistan or in another state.

i went with the .22 because the pistol was affordable and so is the ammo. when i get the chance to carry, it will be with 9mm. i haven't decided on the make and model as i am still looking and haven't found the "one". also, with recent events, i can't afford to get anything right now.

Brian