Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   First post - ruger p90 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/first-post-ruger-p90-38350/)

Brandon929344 02-12-2011 05:34 AM

First post - ruger p90

Hey this is my first post. I'm interested in buying a ruger p90. I heard the gun is ugly as hell though. But what makes it so ugly, i have seen pics and it doesnt look that ugly. What is less ugly p90, kp90, p90t, p90th. The only diffence really between them are colors and grips. What do you think is less ugly. Thanks

danf_fl 02-12-2011 06:48 AM

What do I think is less ugly? Glock.

Would you stop by the "Introductions" area and tell us a little about yourself?

You will get responses (including how to post pics), that will inform you about us.

Meantime, Welcome to the FTF.

(And we have people who appreciate to see pics of the firearm no matter how ugly.)

NGIB 02-12-2011 09:05 AM

Wanting to buy a gun on looks alone - not a real sound plan IMHO.

The older Ruger P series guns are large, chunky, and difficult to carry & conceal. On the other hand they are sturdy and reliable as well. My advice, quit looking at pix and go down to the local gun store and actually pick one up and hold it in your hand.

If you intend to hang around, post up an intro as Dan suggested above...

Brandon929344 02-12-2011 01:08 PM

Yeah, got that "about me" done. But the reason why i asked why its ugly is because I know the gun is very reliable, but all that i hear from other posts is its ugly. I dont really care if its ugly but just wondering why people thinks it is But when i look at the pics it looks pretty nice

Gojubrian 02-12-2011 01:54 PM

I don't think they're ugly at all. Not my favorite pistol, but for the price they are good to go.

stalkingbear 02-12-2011 05:08 PM

Ugly is as ugly does. The Ruger P series is probably the most reliable .45s going for the price IMO. It's not uncommon to see them going for 300$ or less.

russ 02-12-2011 06:08 PM

My Ruger P944 was my first handgun and I still have it and still love it for what it is. It's bomb-proof reliable even when abused and neglected. I think they are a decent looking handgun and we have several in the family. My dad has a P89 limited edition, my wife and my sister both have P95's and I have my P944. I'd happily add a P90 to the list if the price was right. That said, NGIB wasn't lying when he called them large and chunky.

ScottA 02-12-2011 06:56 PM

Put a P90 and a 1911 side by side. The P90 looks like a club and a fat, ugly chick sitting next to Miss America. Now is that any reason not to buy one, not hardly.

WDB 02-13-2011 02:43 AM

I like the Ruger P series, a quality pistol that works well and putting it next to a 1911 is an unfair expression. Hit the introduction thread. After that you will get more advice, until then best I can offer is never buy a pistol on how it looks, get hands on with it and see how it fits you.

Welcome to FTF

jca1 02-13-2011 02:58 AM

Ruger P series are inexpensive guns but they're not cheap guns and they are extremely reliable. I swear the P89 I had would feed square bullets. It's still in my family and still running like a sewing machine.