First handgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > First handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Read and heed what these people are saying.

Just because your buddy has (and can shoot effectively) the latest model, does not mean that you can too.

I have seen old geezers outshoot youngin's with their revolvers.
The keys to any shooting is still the basics. Going out to the range to shoot bullets is just that if you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
well said dan. this is why my collection is so varied. i shoot all my firearms on a regular basis, and try new ones out. if i am not good with it or happy with the way it performs for me, then it is usually sold or traded. many months ago, i traded a Mossberg ATR100 in 30-06 that i was not happy with, for a Taurus Tracker 44 magnum. wasn't for sure i would like the 44, but have come to really like the way it shoots and have come to be a decent shot with it. i never really liked the Mossberg and will replace it soon with anther Marlin XL7 in 30-06. i have a couple that i keep for sentimental reasons, but the majority of my collection are guns i shoot.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308 View Post
This will be my first handgun I buy (not handed down ) and I was wondering what would be the general best choice for that I do not want a revolver , preferably a 9mm because I have so much ammo for it and able to put a flash light on the bottom rail but not nessary and plz throw all bias aside for this guys
I gather from the first "sentence" that you already own at least one handgun and are planning to buy your first new handgun. It might help to know what you already have and whether you are looking for something similar or different.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
I gather from the first "sentence" that you already own at least one handgun and are planning to buy your first new handgun. It might help to know what you already have and whether you are looking for something similar or different.
it would help if people would give a few specifics as to the intended use of the handgun! more information as to what they are looking for, what types appeal to them and such.