First gun for girlfiend - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > First gun for girlfiend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I agree with the other posters, who mentioned

it should not be a surprise gift. The ladies want

the event, more than the item.

To make it special, take her to a range to rent a bunch

of pistols for her to try.

Then take her to Carrabas, or a nice lunch somewhere.

Then, if she has a general idea of what she likes,

perhaps a trip to the gun store.

She's going to consider her time with

you special that day, not the gun...

Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #42

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Do any of you have experience with the glock 19 and 23? I have the 23 and my GF at our last range trip shot it all day and the next day her hand was really sore. I figured it was mostly from her not being used to shooting a handgun all day. But the recoil on the 23 can be snappy for some people. We still have been discussing and looking for her first gun. She really liked the SW 637 but shot my glock really well and likes it as well. So my question is how much of a difference is the recoil with the 19 compared to the 23? The only 9mm I have ever shot was a beretta 92 and the recoil with that heavy gun is non existent. So I couldn't tell her how much of a difference it would be. Thanks

Old 07-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #43
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7
Do any of you have experience with the glock 19 and 23? I have the 23 and my GF at our last range trip shot it all day and the next day her hand was really sore. I figured it was mostly from her not being used to shooting a handgun all day. But the recoil on the 23 can be snappy for some people. We still have been discussing and looking for her first gun. She really liked the SW 637 but shot my glock really well and likes it as well. So my question is how much of a difference is the recoil with the 19 compared to the 23? The only 9mm I have ever shot was a beretta 92 and the recoil with that heavy gun is non existent. So I couldn't tell her how much of a difference it would be. Thanks
I have a 19. In my opinion the recoil is more than manageable. I can dump 15 rounds into a target like nothing.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #44

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

My wife likes her 9