First gun for girlfiend - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > First gun for girlfiend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Let her pick one. Then let her check out the dura oat website and she can pick her colors to go on the gun after she picks a gun that will work for her.
i agree with Doc. find the right pistol first. you can always customize it to her personal tastes afterwards. grips, different finishes are always options. because the pistol that suits her might not be available in a color she wants, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #12

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Get her something bigger than a 380 0r 22 you wanna actually be able to stop the assailant

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Thanks for all your responses again. We will be taking a trip to the gun shop later today for her to try different guns out. Don't know who's more excited myself or her!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #14

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

My wife just got her first gun. S&W 642 .38 revolver. We went to the lgs to window shop, after 3 hours of her handling every gun in the store. She picked the 642 as it felt good in her hand and will be easy to conceal.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

I believe that if you feel confident to purchase things she will use (versus the things you want her to use), you should let her decide.

Shoes, pajamas, underwear, swimwear, guns should be on a list that we allow the better halves select and not us.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #16

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7
Thanks for all your responses again. We will be taking a trip to the gun shop later today for her to try different guns out. Don't know who's more excited myself or her!
Get her a card (girls love cards) and a handwritten note (girls love handwritten notes) saying you'll purchase a handgun of her choosing for her. There is lots pf upside to this of you know what I mean :-)
Old 07-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #17

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Let's us know what she ends up gettin hope you picked a good one

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc29th View Post
Get her a card (girls love cards) and a handwritten note (girls love handwritten notes) saying you'll purchase a handgun of her choosing for her. There is lots pf upside to this of you know what I mean :-)
if you want to suprise her with the purchase of a handgun, then do it this way. take her to look at them, saying you are just looking right now to find out which one is the right one for her. then remember which one and then buy it at a later date and time and then suprise her with it. i suggested this to another member when he was looking for one for his wife for her birthday. this will work out for both of you, she gets the one that suits her, and you get to suprise her with it.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

if you want to suprise her with the purchase of a handgun, then do it this way. take her to look at them, saying you are just looking right now to find out which one is the right one for her. then remember which one and then buy it at a later date and time and then suprise her with it. i suggested this to another member when he was looking for one for his wife for her birthday. this will work out for both of you, she gets the one that suits her, and you get to suprise her with it.
That would be a good way to surprise her but she has her day all planned out already and I don't want to interfere with her special day. First thing is go purchase her first gun. Then go to our favorite restaurant for margaritas and then get enough sleep to shoot all day the day after. And as of know she really like this smith and Wesson model 637.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #20

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Terrible Idea and Terrible Advice from everyone here!

Let her pick one?
Girlfriend, and your paying for it?
Her experience level? Who cares....

Rule 1 - only buy guns for yourself and your WIFE

Rule 2 - when buying guns for your wife ALWAYS begin with the gun YOU WANT MOST! Chances are she won't like it so you'll need to save up and try again....and again ...and again

Tack