The CZ can only be considered an improved HP if you accept the following as better:
!) A lowered bore axis
2) A better slide to frame configuration.
3) The more ergonomic frame scallops behind the trigger.
4) A pretty good trigger that can be fired double,single,cocked and locked or shortened double action when the hammer is in the half cock notch.
5) Higher capacity by PRIMARY design.
6) The NEXT WORLD STANDARD handgun that retired the HP in most of the countries it was used in or adopted by.
7) Quite possibly one of the most FEATURE cloned or copied handguns in the free world.(okay...okay...we all know about the locked breech.recoil operated tilting barrel...thank you JB.)
Most of the HP fans have one complaint or another about the newer HP's but do you HP nostalgia fans really think it's wise to subject a first time gun owner to the possibly risky UNTRAINED manual of arms for the combat use of the HP...or the MANDATORY trigger job for a nice trigger on a vintage HP.
And by the way the CZ custom shop can do a superb trigger job or combat/competition package on a 75 for a fairly reasonable price.
Steel auto...first time owner..vote ++ CZ.(IMHO)