Few questions... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Few questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Maybe he knows more about sports?
haha, no, with golf he's the kind of person that instead of using the cheapest clubs to get better then upgrading, goes out and buys the most expensive and sucks.
Football he pulls for Clemson.

and well with music he's the same as golf, he's just terrible guess that's why he plays Taylor guitars... even though he started out on a crappy cheap guitar but he never got lessons before he bought 5 more expensive ones.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Some people just don't get it. Your "friend" is a hard core HEAR-SAY... and nothing he says is useful in real-life. Or in a court of law for that matter.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:56 AM   #13

So i guess we can safely say your friend knows nothing about guns or ammo.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #14

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Tell your buddy I have some awesome property to sell him...

Old 06-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #15

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphoGnome View Post
These are quotes from my friend, needless to say I don't talk to him much anymore.
Don't feel bad, I had a friend who took the CCWP class with me and if he had missed one more question in the open book test he would of failed, then he almost failed the shooting part, if he had missed one more shot on target at 21 feet he would of failed. After he finally passed he still could not get his CCWP because he owed $30,000 back child support. So he calls me one day and asks me, "sense he passed the class does it give him the right to shoot Ni_ _ers, who are sitting on their front porch minding their own business?"

Not only that but he bought a new Remington 30-06 bolt rifle with a cheep Itasca scope on it, and shot it a few times at the range after I had to sight it in for him sense he new nothing about sighting in a scoped rifle. Then he calls me a few days later and asks me, "if his new rifle made him a sniper?"

I don't talk to him any more nor do I see him any more.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Don't feel bad, I had a friend who took the CCWP class with me and if he had missed one more question in the open book test he would of failed, then he almost failed the shooting part, if he had missed one more shot on target at 21 feet he would of failed. After he finally passed he still could not get his CCWP because he owed $30,000 back child support. So he calls me one day and asks me, "sense he passed the class does it give him the right to shoot Ni_ _ers, who are sitting on their front porch minding their own business?"

Not only that but he bought a new Remington 30-06 bolt rifle with a cheep Itasca scope on it, and shot it a few times at the range after I had to sight it in for him sense he new nothing about sighting in a scoped rifle. Then he calls me a few days later and asks me, "if his new rifle made him a sniper?"

I don't talk to him any more nor do I see him any more.
He sounds like the guy in the movie who you know is going to be the first one to get killed.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #17

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphoGnome View Post
I have a couple of questions, I have a friend I hardly trust a word that comes out of his mouth. I would like to see what is true and what is made up.

1. .38 specials are very inaccurate firearms.

2. If you shot an intruder or somebody trying to harm you in the head with a .22, that person could still take 15 steps. ( doubt this is true, because when the .22 round enters the skull it doesn't exit, so it bounces off the back of the skull and does major damage to the brain.)

3. .40's are better than .9 mm because the round travels faster making it more accurate in a self defense situation.
1. .38's are as accurate as the shooter. Me personally wouldn't carry below 9mm...

2. Shots ricocheting and "bouncing" off of bone are very unpredictable with any caliber...

3. 9mm is faster in fps. .40 is marginally bigger hole in +p hollowpoint.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzll View Post
1. .38's are as accurate as the shooter. Me personally wouldn't carry below 9mm...

2. Shots ricocheting and "bouncing" off of bone are very unpredictable with any caliber...

3. 9mm is faster in fps. .40 is marginally bigger hole in +p hollowpoint.
.40's do not have +p ammunition nless you make your own, FYI.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #19

I didn't see it, but I heard a guy (There was a crowd of people watching him beg her not to shoot) get shot by his wife with a .25 auto from about 20 feet away, and he went down instantly, and said something like, "Am I dying?", and he did die. One shot. Died before the ambulance got there. He was cheating on her constantly, and had beaten her earlier that day. She originally got 15 years, but the court threw out the sentence, and she was resentenced to 9 years and got out on parole soon after. She's now an activist, and was pardoned years ago, working to get battered women out of the same situation she was in 35 years ago. She got some press a long time ago when she was trying to help a woman move out and her insane husband came home and started firing a .357 at them, and she shot him in the gut with his own 9mm that he had left home. He lived, but the one shot put him down. That incident is why she wanted a pardon, so she could carry as some of these abusive guys are so far gone they will kill anyone who interferes with his "family business".

I was shot in the face by a friend with a Crossman 760 BB gun. It felt like I was slapped very hard on top of my mouth, right under my nose. I didn't go down, I just grabbed my face and there was an amazing amount of bleeding from a tiny hole. It hurt pretty bad. 42 years later, it's still there, and if I take a magnet, I can feel it pull on it. My dentist totally freaked out the first time he saw it, on an X-ray. I had kind of forgotten about it by then.

A friend of mine was ambushed in a parking lot and was shot in the left shoulder by a lunatic who had boasted in front of the police that he would kill him earlier that day. The .38 bullet went under his skin and hit the side of his spine, and then shattered with most of it coming out the back of his neck. He went down, he said it felt like someone hit him with a hammer. He had been shot in the leg in Vietnam, and said it was worse in some ways, as he didn't go down when shot the first time. He drove himself to the base hospital without any problem, but when he was shot the second time, he was stunned and was down for about 20 seconds and probably was saved by people yelling for the police, delaying the loon from getting another shot off. When he realized what had happened, he got up and came into the building, and backed up against the wall, in case the idiot came in after him. He was back at work in a couple weeks, but still has some of the bullet fragments in his back and shoulder. When one "pops up", he has it removed. The guy who shot him was nearly killed by the police when he, at first, refused to put the gun down, and eventually got 12 years. In a sort of ironic twist, he got out after supposedly being "saved" after 10 years, became a scam artist preacher who convinced people, mostly women to sleep with him and buy him all kinds of expensive stuff. He eventually ripped off a woman who lost her home after giving him access to her accounts, thinking he would marry her. Her father, who was dying of lung cancer ambushed him in his garage, and shot him 3 times with his WWII vintage 1911. The cops arrested him, but he got out on bail, and died while awaiting trial. The police/DA knew he would never stand trial and only asked for $100 bail.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #20

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
became a scam artist preacher who convinced people, mostly women to sleep with him and buy him all kinds of expensive stuff.
Did he umm..get some...Non women to sleep with him and take their stuff?